Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recovery? What's that?

This last weekend was Sea Dogs. While Fred headed off with Ronnie for the weekend, I stayed home with Boo, secure in the knowledge that they would be off to *ba-ba-ba-bum* certain sunburn.

Saturday, we woke up fairly early (Boo woke up hungry, but happy, at 6:30am, so I figured we'd get up and get her fed at that point). She had her first "2nd foods" mix of apples and cherries, mixed with some rice cereal, and she at the entire 2.5 oz in one sitting. I think she has a sweet tooth... LOL.

After that, we changed, got everything together that was left to do, and headed out the door by 8am to catch the bus downtown on the first leg of our journey to the zoo.

We stopped at work to say "Happy Birthday" to one of my co-workers and show off the pirate dress to everyone, then headed over to the Saturday farmer's market just up the street.

We wended our way through the streets and I got one of the best fruit pasties that I've had in a while - huckleberry sweetened with pear. Yum. I always forget how good huckleberries are until I get really good ones.

We headed over to the zoo at that point, met up with Linda and Susan, and Linda's two grand-children, and headed into the zoo... Whereupon I found that the foot-gear I'd chosen was sadly not up to the task. I purchased flip-flops at the store, and we went on with our journey.

Boo actually was interested in the animals this time, and only had one major crying fit through the whole 4 hours we were there - pretty good for a 6 month old, honestly. We had lunch there, and then headed back home to our individual pads, my feet being very angry with me (the flip-flops didn't help, either).

We got home around 4:30, and I fed Boo and let her crawl around for a bit. She ended up collapsing around 6:30pm, and didn't wake up again until 2am, hungry and disgruntled (as usual - she doesn't like this whole bodily function thing going on). I fed her, then changed and settled her back down to bed, and settled down myself.

We both woke up later Sunday, around 7-ish, and spent the day lounging around the house, waiting for Fred to come home - which didn't happen until late that evening... Because he was a big dork... But that's his story.

~M

No comments: