Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekend of something...

So, the weekend is upon us. Fred and Ronnie left around 10:45 this morning, and handed Boo to Val for the rest of the day. I'll take over when I get home, and then have the weekend with her while Fred's at the event.

This is the first "official" weekend I've had the baby all to myself since she was born. It'll be difficult, to say the least. Normally there's at least a little bit of a respite that I can get when I need it.

We're going to go to the zoo tomorrow morning - this is mostly to distract both Boo and me from the fact that we're on our own, and to wear her out to a point where she'll sleep and be a little easier to deal with (I hope)...

I was going to BBQ tomorrow night, but so far it doesn't look like that will happen. Though I sent out information on it almost a month ago, most of my friends are going to be at the event. Those that aren't going are busy with other things.

My main issues will be trying not to focus on the fact that I'm once again at home while Fred's at an event, and trying to remember to eat. I'm tired enough already, I don't need to add lack of food to the issue... I'm feeling depressed, what with no one at home to talk with outside of the baby, and no one to hang out with since everyone is at the event. I'm not sure that I'll be interested in doing much of anything other than the zoo.

The thyroid issue seems to be continuing. Meds perked it up a bit, but it's slowly going back downhill to where I was. I know they're leaning currently toward Hashimoto's disease as a "final" diagnosis. I go in on the 18th to see what's up and will most likely get results by the 20th. If it *is* Hashimoto's, they'll try and kill the thyroid, to make sure that my body doesn't do it for me... Should make an interesting ride. I just hope that I don't lose more hair than I already have.

~M

No comments: