Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rushing around...

This weekend is Dragon's Mist Defender's Tourney, so we're in the last mad dash to get ready for it. Then it's a week off and then back into one last camping dash to Blackthorne Revel the weekend of the 15th.

Meanwhile, I'm sewing clothes for the baby (but only after she goes to bed - she's crawling now, and is into EVERYTHING otherwise), trying to keep the house relatively clean, trying to find time to make and sew garb for me, tailoring people's office clothing, and trying to get another babysitter lined up as our dear Val will be leaving us for good after the 23rd of Aug. :-(

The good news is that we will (hopefully soon) have a little bit extra cash coming in. I'm still trying to get a second job, but am thinking that I may have to hold off on that until after we're done camping AND we have my thyroid under control... More good news is that we already have a few possible choices for a new sitter, so that's good, too. I'm not nearly as wigged out as I had been the last time.

Mum is heading down tomorrow to come with us, and should be here in the early afternoon - she was hoping to get here early, but apparently was still chasing her tail at 1pm today, so...

I'm still having to figure out what to do about food this weekend. I need to remind Fred to send to everyone we're camping with that we'll be doing a pot-luck on Saturday. That way, there'll be plenty of foodstuffs for everyone, and we won't break the bank doing it. I will be making the hash for Sunday morning breakfast, but will scoot out enough for mom before adding sausage (veg-head that she is).

Other than that, there'll be some new recipes posted up soon, I'm sure...

~M

No comments: