Friday, June 27, 2008

You! You're fired!

That's what I told the Dr I had been with as of yesterday. After getting back the test results for my thyroid and finding that I was pretty much off the charts, he refused to do further testing to find out whether it was my T3 or T4 that was causing the issue. His reasoning was this: According to the lab, the result was still within the range of normal - therefore, he was comfortable with the finding and didn't feel that further testing was justified.

When I pointed out the list of issues that I'd been having, he said that since he didn't see one specific issue he was looking for that "guaranteed" me having hypothyroidism, he was confident that I didn't have it and that further testing would be going in the wrong direction. What he instead wanted me to do was to double the dose on my Lexapro, keep a diary, and since I didn't have a regular shrink, I could see him once a month to check up on how I was feeling mentally...

So, I called another Dr, this time an internist specializing in women's health, and fired the first one. I have an appointment next Tuesday morning to (hopefully) start the ball rolling to get me feeling better.

No comments: