Thursday, June 26, 2008

Still alive...

In case anyone was keeping count, as of June 23rd, Fred and I have been married 1 year! And we're still alive!! For those keeping score, this is longer than some people had predicted us to be together. Officially, as of October 5th, we will have been together 4 years, WAY longer than some people had predicted. And I'm still as in love with him as ever - and he with me.

Our beautiful baby girl is now moving along toward her 5th month, and is on the fast track to moving. She's figured out hands and feet, and has been rocking back and forth on hands and knees occasionally, and has been inch-worming her way around her crib each night. She's also starting fights with the neighborhood plush toys, and argues with them when they don't do what she wants them to...

We are poor as churchmice at the moment, and getting even more so as we move along, but hopefully by December things will look better. Meanwhile, we won't be doing much that wasn't pre-scheduled and planned for early this year.

The relief check came, and the two large ticket items we had planned on getting were purchased - the rest went elsewhere. We now are the proud owners of a dyson vacuum cleaner, and a Char-Broil 4-burner grill, both of which we adore.

I was just diagnosed this week with Hypothyroidism, and am now fighting with doctors to actually get treated... As I mentioned in a previous entry, the "accepted" range for a thyroid is anywhere from .35 to 5.53. My thyroid is currently at 5.53... The higher the number, the further into hypothyroidism you are... However, since I'm still in the "normal" range, my doctor wasn't going to do further testing or treat me for it. I fired him. Now I get to go to a new doctor, and figure out how to pay THAT bill...

All in all, it's been a month.

~M

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I stumbled upon your blog while researching online about hypothyroidism/mitral valve prolapse..I have a blog also..feel free to read and comment..I am suffering from the same issues you are..I am on medication for "Wilson's Syndrome"..I take t4 and t3..I was diagnosed with dysautonomia and mitral valve prolapse 13 years ago..i found out recently that these are all related, possibly..