Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Justification! Victory is mine - sort of...

So, yesterday I went to see another Dr about my thyroid. She pulled more blood from me, did another THS test, as well as a Free T4 test and a ferrous count. We also went over the rest of my health history and family history, and I really felt like we were connecting for the first time - It felt like she actually listened to me.

This morning she called and let me know the test results. My thyroid went from 5.3 last week to 7.5 as of yesterday... the T4 didn't seem to have an issue, but was borderline, so I'm now going to be on Synthroid to stabalize it. In addition, while I'm not anemic, my iron level is currently at a 9 - the lowest they like to see it is 50... So, yeah, a little bit of issue on both parts... I have only one thing to say to the first Dr:

IN YOUR NECK, JACK!

I did mention at the beginning of all of this that I figured my thyroid was out of whack, and there could be something else... Gee, could it be that I was RIGHT?!?!?!

I think so.

~M

No comments: