Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not just blue...

I am in full-blown post-pardum depression, with extra sauce on the side... I'm going to be talking with a counsellor as soon as I can get in touch with one (which most likely will be on Monday), so that I can get through this. The last thing we need is a psychotic moi wandering around; hard to get me to help with the dishes or the baby when I'm busy having a cry over nothing.

I seem to be able to hold up most of the week, but by Friday or Saturday, I am exhausted at trying to hold everything together - and I totally crack. Elizabeth being a fair amount more fussy than a lot of babies I've dealt with in the past does not help matters - not that it's her fault, it's just one of those extra straws that is packed onto an already overloaded camel.

Fred is doing everything that he can do, but I know that it's difficult on him. I don't do well with people leaking all over, and neither does he. I have been trying very hard to keep from crying all over the place, but it seems to hit overload about mid-weekend.

Wish me luck with the counselling...

~M

No comments: