Saturday, March 01, 2008

SIDS and crying babies...

In one of my last posts, some coward decided to post anonymously that allowing Elizabeth to have a cry, after seeing to her physical needs, was selfish and that crying babies were more at risk for SIDS...

Thankfully, I have more sense than some people, and while I already KNEW that babies who cry are NOT going to die of SIDS, I looked up the specific information on it, in case Mr/Ms Anonymous decides to come back for a second attempt at trying to scare me...

The Mayo Clinic has a fairly comprehensive article on the subject, as well as possible indicators on how to help avoid it. Understand, however, that it will not completely safeguard your child from the issue - but following the guidelines will help keep your child safer.

~M

No comments: