Sunday, December 09, 2007

What, again?!

Yes, indeed... I have, yet again, gotten the nasty sinus infection that I've had at least 3 times prior during this fall and winter season. I know it's the same, because it starts off exactly the same. It comes on so fast that I can't even get a bit of Zycam out before I'm toppled.

This time it hit me Thursday. I went to work feeling slightly tired, but otherwise ok. By 3pm, my throat had ended up having a wire brush taken to it by several nasty elves, all of whom were sadistic enough to not stop until 7am Friday morning. I went to work because I had to, since I didn't (at that point) have any real back pain.

I ended up on a Theraflu diet again, which, as before, didn't do much of anything other than make me sleepy and sort of cranky. Saturday I spent cleaning the kitchen and taking a 3 hour nap, then heading out to meet Lil for a two hour shopping trip to Fabric Depot (a.k.a. Mecca). Yes, I was sick - however, this was also the 40% off monthly sale they have, and I needed patterns that were running at $2.50 per packet - you can't skip that... You just can't.

I made it home in time to have steak, a baked potato and green beans that Fred had whipped up, and then sit and chat with friends while trying to ignore the fact that I was exhausted, sick, and had to be up by 5 this morning for the dreaded mandatory meeting at work.

This morning greeted me with patches of ice on the parking lot floor - so, I decided to take the cab all the way into work. Turns out, it was only $20, which was a small price to pay to make sure that I got there safely, and didn't freeze my butt off, either.

The meeting was useless, as always. The only interesting highlight was having the ornament exchange. I got a few pretty ones, and gave out 7 hand-crocheted snowflakes (Yes, I'm nuts...). Then, got a ride home from one of my co-workers.

Fred decided to head out to do some Christmas shopping, since yesterday our kicker checks came in from the State. Yay, us. Raistlin decided to kidnap me to watch "Into The Woods" at her place and do laundry (saved me quarters and running back and forth up and down stairs, etc).

I got all the laundry done for me, and enjoyed watching the Sondheim classic (which I'd seen prior, but only once or twice, about 15 years ago or so). Then we headed back to my place, picking up dinner for Fred and I on the way.

Currently, my throat, which had calmed down for a bit, is back to being on fire. My sinuses have completely betrayed me and are providing no end to the green goo which is apparently so chic in nasal cavity decoration these days, and I'm in a lot of back and hip pain. We'll see how we are in the morning, but if it's still this bad, I'm not going to be able to do anything tomorrow. If I can get up, I'll go to work. If not, I'll be bugging my physical therapist for the date of my next visit.

~M

No comments: