Thursday, December 06, 2007

Update...

Yeah, I know. It's been a while. I haven't had time - or energy - to write until this morning. So, what's happened...

Well, the ergonomic assessment for the main work-site was a no-go. Ended up having to call in because I couldn't get up from bed for a good 2-3 hours due to my back. Have to reschedule that, but in the meantime, I'm setting everything up as best as possible.

I got the OMLA approved as of Thursday afternoon, which was good since, as I mentioned, I had to call in the next day. Whilst this was going on, I still hadn't been approved for time off for PT for Monday and Wednesday - I'd submitted them 3 weeks earlier, and had ended up getting them denied with no explaination. So, after talking with my union steward and filing OMLA, and after the steward talked with the new supervisor, I still hadn't gotten them approved. So, I submitted the request under "2nd request", and finally got them approved within a few hours...

Unfortunately, the new supervisor decided to write me an email about the whole thing... It was titled simply "PT Appointments", and said (and I quote):

I want you to know that I have accepted your requests this week for PT appointments. They are noted in Call Center Time.

I realize that with the recent schedule change these appointment were hard to change, however I will not be able to do anymore last minute requests of this nature in the future. There is a big impact on the Call Center when we are not properly staffed, Mondays being a very busy day, we need every agent scheduled. The callers, our customers, are the ones that suffer when we are not properly staffed, which is why I need to be very cautious when making these types of exceptions.

I hope that you feel better, if you have any appointments in the future three weeks is necessary.


My response was not amused...

As these are now covered under OMLA, I am given to understand that I am able to present them to you as my physical therapist feels them to be necessary. In regards to the two appointments that were submitted, they had been originally submitted 3 weeks in advance, but were initially denied - no reason was given.

It was at that point that I discussed options with the union representative. I do have future PT appointments, and at this time, they are not going to be 3 weeks out - mostly due to the fact that, per my physical therapist, I need them as soon as possible. This is why I applied for OMLA.

I will be submitting for time off for them under OMLA as soon as I have new appointment dates scheduled.

If you have any questions, you may contact me, or my Physical Therapist - or you may speak with our union representative.

Thank you.


So far, I haven't heard anything back from her. It's been a week, and she's only just *now* said "Good night" to me when I've headed out the door. I think she suddenly realized that she made a MAJOR goof-up.

In any case, I have had my two PT appointments this week, and they have me on the wait-list for next week for appointments. I think I overdid it at the gym last night, though... I've been heading out 3 times a week and walking the pool there for about 15-20 mins. It's mostly been helping, though with excessive walking outside of the pool, which I sort of did, ends up hurting my hip and lower back/butt muscles by the next morning... So - will have to be careful of that.

In other news, baby has officially eaten the last of my brain. Last night, I was leaving the office and inventoried my bag, which I always do, then walked out... leaving my purse behind. I didn't realize it until I was completely across town and about a 5 minute walk away from the gym. Brilliant. I panicked, and called a co-worker, who apparently can't tell what a purse looks like - he said that it wasn't there... Which led me to work out for about an hour, rather than 20 minutes, trying to relax. Which didn't work.

I then called the lead on duty, who *did* find the purse there, and he put it in the back of my desk drawer for safe keeping. I swear to the heavens - if I am this forgetful once Elizabeth is here, they're going to arrest me for child neglect because I'm going to be leaving her everywhere... *sigh*

Meanwhile - on to more pleasant things... Saturday, Lil and I will be headed over to Fabric Depot and brave the 40% off sale. I need patterns, which they'll have for $2.50 a pop, and perhaps some baby fabric - though I'm not sure... Sunday, I'll probably pop over to Raistlin's house for the day to watch "Tinman", the latest of the SciFi channel's groupings of mini-series. I got to see all but the last 2 hours of it, and while they're running it again on Sunday night, I'm not staying up until 11pm to see it. I need my sleep, dammit.

The less pleasant thing is, I put on my pants this morning and found that the baby has grown again - I haven't gained any weight to speak of, but the baby has grown... I now officially have 2 pairs of pants that I fit into. Period. The ones with zippers just don't fit. So, it'll be off to goodwill or someplace and try and find sweats and stretch pants to fit me - otherwise I'll be in mu-mu's, which just doesn't work for winter here.

Other than that, nothing much is going on. Elizabeth is apparently practicing to be the world's next kickboxing and somersaulting champion... She's very active of late...

~M

No comments: