Thursday, November 29, 2007

Assessing...

I had a back assessment on Tuesday up at the hot site, where the ergonomics assessor was trying very hard NOT to look unimpressed with the "standard" chair there. We agreed that a small lift for the laptop I will be using, and a wrist rest for the keyboard there.

Tomorrow I get another assessment at my desk down here at my "normal" work station, so they can look at the chair I'm in, see what I need in the way of assistance ergonomics-wise, and send in yet another report. Should be interesting.

Neither of my bosses are pleased with me at all, and I'm pretty sure they're looking at any way possible to make my life miserable until I end up getting out of here to another position outside the call center. I'd go sooner, but I'm wanting to wait until after Elizabeth is born to attempt to move around job-wise.

Meanwhile, I have been throwing myself in the pool every other day during the week. This seems to be helping, at least short-term, and allows me the ability to be back-pain free for at least a few hours. I think Elizabeth also likes it, because unlike when I walk normally, she doesn't kick at all when I'm walking in the pool. Afterwards, she's more active, but it's more of a bumping, moving, squirming active, not a violent kicking active. This makes *me* happy, at least. *chuckle*

I got curious and weighed myself last night after walking in the pool. I've lost a pound... So, the total weight loss/gain for this pregnancy is: -15 lbs so far. I have two more months to go, and I'm pretty much eating whatever I want. I'm *so* glad I haven't gained a crapload of weight like my sister did... It was one of my biggest fears. Apparently even 3 times a week for 20 minutes in the pool is enough for me to balance out what I need to for now. Helps that I think Elizabeth got daddy's metabolism.

Anyway, it's almost time for me to log into day 9 of 10. One more day after today, and I'll get to have 2 days off. Yippee me!

~M

No comments: