Sunday, November 04, 2007

Whoof!

Well, the baby shower and visit with Mom is over with. I ran around so much and did so much walking that my calves hurt now. *chuckle*

Mom arrived Thursday night, and we had a nice time cooking and eating in. Then we woke up fairly early Friday and dragged Fred around with us while we headed to the bank, then to the other bank, then over to Lowe's, then to Si Senor to have lunch, and then Winco - and THEN back home. Afterwards, we put away groceries and relaxed until dinner, which was 3 bean chili and quesadillas.

Saturday we woke up early again and headed over to Powell's while Fred did laundry. On the way over we dropped off the sewing machine at my work to my co-worker, Christina, who has been patiently waiting for it to arrive.

Powell's is evil, and I should *NEVER* be allowed in there with *ANY* sort of money at all - it will be gone! I got 3 new books for our Terry Pratchett series collection, and I picked up a little something for Fred for his stocking, and a little something for Lyse for *her* stocking. We then headed back home and got some lunch, and waited for everyone to get ready for the baby shower.

The baby shower was a great time. I got to see Ang' and Slasher, who brought their little one with them (the elder was with other family that day), and Courtney and Ace came with Courtney's parents, Gail & Steve. The Hippie Hamster of Doom dropped by, and of course, the gal who put it all together, Raistlin, was there, too. I got to briefly say hello to Dark Winged Fae, before she had to hie off to a book signing with a friend, and I also had a friend from work come by as well.

The snackies were good, the company fabu, and the kid made out like a bandit. I will have a full list probably tomorrow, along with thank you's to everyone - I need to have time to go through everything and label who gave what, so I can get out the thank you cards to them as quickly as I can (while I still have a brain that functions).

After the shower, Mom and I dropped Fred off home to do some things, then headed over to Babies R' Us for some further shopping excitement. We got a lifetime crib (goes from crib, to toddler bed, to full-size), a mattress for it, a car seat that, according to the box, should fit the baby until she's at least 4, and some sheets and a mattress pad for it. We also got a 5 year baby book, which is adorable. We looked at some rockers, and Mom is going to see whether she still has her old one to hand over to me for a bit.

We had dinner at the Mandarin Palace, then did a bit of karaoke and I wimped out early. Fred and Mom didn't actually get to bed until around 1 am or so, as they were chatting about music and things. This morning we headed back out to Babies R' Us to pick up the crib. I now know that Fred is not to be allowed in the baby toy aisle - though sometimes it is amusing... We went ga-ga over a few "girlie" outfits, and then hooked up the crib to the top of the Pathfinder and headed back to the apartment, where Raistlin met us and helped get the darned thing up the stairs.

It's been a weekend... I'm wondering when I get to have a nap. LOL. I am only hoping at this point I will be able to get through tonight, and tomorrow I will give myself a nice, long, indulgent hot bath after I do my chores.

~M

No comments: