Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Recouping...

So, in the aftermath of sorting everything out from the baby shower, I'm finding it easier to come up with the list of things that we don't have - it's shorter. LOL.

*Diaper pail
*bottles (preferably the ones with the pouches, or the ones that are bent)
*bottle sterilizer
*bottle warmer
*large diaper pins (fabu for keeping little booties together in the wash)
*diaper bag (or fabric to make such)
*boppy pillow (or fabric and stuffing to make such)

I'd still like to get a play-mat, but that can wait until after Elizabeth is born, so there's no major hurry on it.

In other news, while I got the chair I needed to work up at the hot site, I have been restricted to no more than 5 lbs lifting due to the back strains that I've gotten - and also no major stretching or bending. I've been referred to physical therapy, but will have to wait until next week for them to schedule an appointment for me (if the insurance covers it). Meanwhile, I'm taking lots of hot baths, sitting up straight, and attempting to gently stretch everything without straining it further. The up-shot, I don't have to carry a lot of pretty much anything. The down-shot, this means that Fred will be doing a lot more, poor thing.

Speaking of, Fred has been a total rock for me, and I am so lucky to have him. I let him know the restrictions and he was fine with them. He has apparently had visions of me doing something to cause premature labor and having the baby pop out then pop back in again... The visual is amusing, but I can understand his concern.

So, tonight I get a nice hot bath, and then possibly some lotion, and then snuggles from both Fred and Jazzy. Jazzy has decided that I'm just the most wonderful human in the world. This morning she got a lonesome attack and got up on the bed to snuggle with me at 3:30 in the morning (something she normally never does). She still shies away from Fred (probably something to do with men in general and her past), but is getting used to him. In about a month or so, she should be mostly adjusted to the house and sounds going around in and next door to it.

Other than that, nothing much going on - just work and home stuff, as usual.

~M

No comments: