Friday, October 26, 2007

General Flotsom from work...

I have come to the conclusion that Hot Pockets are not food… In fact, they are less than not food, if only because at least the not food of Totino’s Pizza rolls or Totino’s $0.99 pizzas taste good. These do not taste so good – also, they look NOTHING like the pic on the box – false advertising, damn it.

Why am I eating them, then? It was the lesser of the two evils (though I’m still wondering on that one, too). It was either hot dogs from 7-11, or Hot Pockets… I chose something which was frozen, and made by someone other than 7-11. I should have simply brought a slice of leftover lasagna with me for dinner. I think I will do that tomorrow.

Today was my dental appointment. The dentist simply did a “welcome” visit with me, looking over my teeth and generally commenting on the state of things. Apparently, my teeth are in really good shape, considering I haven’t had a cleaning since I was 18. I have apparently one small visible cavity, which they’re mildly concerned about, and then I need a cleaning (duh). So, I have an appointment in December for a cleaning, and then in January for the cavity. And after that, we will wait for Elizabeth to be born and then set up for x-rays to find out if anything else is amiss.

I’d say I was underwhelmed with one of my co-workers, but that would be implying that at one point I was even whelmed. I guess I’m just getting old and tired of office drama B.S. I don’t feel like listening to how many times someone got drunk, or threw up, or did whatever, or flirted, or got busy… I just don’t care. I especially don’t want to hear about it while I’m trying to take calls, and can’t hear anyone on my line because of how loud the talking of inconsequential stuff is getting. I also don’t like being the only one taking calls because one of the said drama-llamas has decided that they’re going to sit in an aux code forever because they don’t want to take calls. However, I hear through the grape vine that, since I brought it up to the trainer, she’s going to be keeping a very close eye on this person – and as this person has been called on the carpet before for the same crap, it will eventually cause something to happen. We’ll see.

Elizabeth is being especially active lately. We’ve taken to playing games. She’s been kicking like crazy, and has gotten good (and strong) enough to actually move my hand when she kicks. So, when she does, I poke back just where she kicked. Normally this is followed by yet another kick, which is followed by me poking back again. And so forth. She apparently finds this to be a really fun game, because if I don’t follow through with the poking, she kicks several times in a row. I believe we’re going to have a very active child.

So far, we’ve received a lovely night light from an old friend of my in SF, and a baby bath and onesies from a friend of ours in New Jersey, a huge amount of clothing from our friend in SE PDX, and just today an infant to toddler feeding chair from my aunt in CA. We’re slowly getting everything together as we get a little closer to the event. I’m needing to seriously sit down and do sewing for the baby’s room, and get the windows sealed for the winter… So much to do, and I just get so tired lately. *sigh*

~M

No comments: