Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Randomness...





Merripan

- a dash of playfulness
- 2 heaping tablespoons of honesty
- 1/4 cup of flirting

Serve hot.
'What is your personality recipe?' at QuizGalaxy.com


You can blame this on Lyse and Lilith... I decided to try it myself, and frighteningly enough, i think it's about right. LOL.

Yesterday was interesting... I spent it pretty much on the bus, travelling back and forth, getting all my errands done.

Went to work, to get everything "officially" changed to my new last name. Then back over to Owajimaya's, so I could pick up mussels and clams to make Paella with. Unfortunately, they were out of clams - but they DID have crawfish - $5.99 per pound, live! Yay me! So, I got me some fresh-water bugs to go into the Paella instead.

Then back home to place said bugs and mussels in the fridge to keep them out of trouble, and back out to WinCo to do the rest of the shopping...

Interesting thing happened on the way out of WinCo. Two or three weeks ago, I was on my way out the door to the bus to head to work. Two boys who had been regular friends of Speedboy sat on the stairs, blocking the way down - one is 14 and the other is 16. I asked them to move, and they gave me a snotty look, and finally did move their butts over to one side. I then told them they shouldn't be loitering in the halls (something they've been told before by the property manager), and they could find other places to be.

So - as I'm walking out the door, both their mothers decide to confront me in the doorway of the exit... Because, according to the boys, I was being "mean" and "rude". The conversation went thus:

mother 1: So... I heard that you told the boys not to loiter...
me: Yes - I was trying to get past them to go to work.
mother 1: And were they blocking the stairs or something?
me: Yes, they were. I told them they needed to find someplace else to be.
mother 2: (shaking head) that's NOT what they told me!
mother 1: Well, do you think that next time, you could be a little nicer?
me: Look - they've been told not to hang out in the stairwells and the hallways before by Joe.
mother 2: Let's just go - this isn't going as planned, and it's not working - let's just go.

My first thought was "Oh - so I'm supposed to go whimpering off, apologizing for your kids rude behavior, with my tail tucked between my legs? I don't think so." My second thought was "Which are you more pissed off about - the fact that your child was doing something he ought not to have been doing, or the fact that someone spoke up about it to them?"

I told Fred about it later, and he was pissed off - I'll be talking with Joe about it later today when I head over there with the marriage certificate to have everything officially changed there, too.

Oh, and did I mention that "mother 2" was the one who posted a long-ass note on our door just after I moved in here 2 years ago, telling Fred he needed to quit rotating women through his apartment constantly, because it was bad for Josh - and she signed it "Your Guardian Angel"? Yeah - and what I did was WAAAAAY awful... Whatever.

Today I head to the OTHER bank, get myself removed from the ex-husband's account (I didn't even realize I was in there still, until I got a bank statement with his information on it), and get my name changed, then back home to get the paperwork changed for the apartment, and then clean the dishes. And that's all...

I will have pics of the new baby afghan soon...

~M

No comments: