Friday, September 28, 2007

General updatings...

Well, Fred and I have decided it's time for another cat. We are going to see about getting up the money to go to one of the no-kill shelters in the area and seeing if someone can find us - after all, that's really how one gets another cat - it's not you picking them, it's them picking you. LOL.

The podling has been more active lately, and I have actually begun to feel her boot (or headbutt) my tummy occasionally. The first time I felt her it was about 3 days ago, and I thought it was a muscle twitch - but it was repeated just next to it, and then two more times across from it. I'm certain this is just the tip of the proverbial iceburg, and by the end of it, I'll be quite bruised inside...

On a down note, Fred broke once again, and is back to smoking. We discussed it today, and I've forwarded him the smoking cessation information from my work. We're going to have him try the lozenges, and perhaps have him speak with his doctor about what options Kaiser has available for a program for him. There's about 5-7 different options for him to try, as opposed to doing things cold turkey, so I'm hopeful that with perserverance, we can beat this whole thing.

On an up note, Fred tossed out the mattress in the back room, which means that all I have to do now is sort out garbage from there going down to the bins, and then get a few more storage bins for such things as yarn and other projects. I'm going to be moving the craft books in there, as well as most of my stuffed hedgehog collection (to make room out front for our burgeoning collection of DVD's). Then I will get the table in from Office Depot (which reminds me, I gotta call them to make sure they have it in stock - if not, then I can order it and have it delivered - or look elsewhere), cover it with some cushioning and fabric, and I'll have a real sewing room.

I also need to get a filing cabinet for bills and banking... I've found that the current filing system (general stacking and piling in corners) does not work at all - and I need to update it to something that people can actually understand. LOL. So, that will be another thing I will be looking for in the near future. And I'll have a little spot in the baby / sewing room for an office, too. yay!

Other than that, things are going well. I will say that I really wish Fred and I had more than half-days together to hang out, talk, and generally just be - but I'm hopeful that at some point in the future, we will be able to do so.

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

If you were interested in a free kitty, there's one in my complex whose owners are trying to find a new home for her. She's a longhaired calico with just gorgeous markings. She's a bit skittish but very affectionate if you're slow & gentle; I really think all she needs to blossom is a lot of love.