Friday, August 03, 2007

Baby Shower Info

So, here's the current scoop on the baby stuff:

We are registered at:

JCPenny
Babies "R" Us Registry #: 50176231
Target
Fabric Depot (email address merripanbaval@comcast.net)

Each of them has different things (I hope), so there should be no duplicates in gifting or anything. If there's something that you want to get that you don't see on the list, feel free. I've attempted to get everything I *think* I'll need - but then again, this is a first-time thing for me, so I could have missed something. *chuckle*

We are also looking at the different options for baby memory (1-5 years) books. So far, the options that I've seen that I like the most are the following (in no particular order):

Sweet Pea Baby Record Book
Welcome To This World
Zoophabet Baby Memory Book


I like them all, and all for different reasons. Fred and I need to sit down and do a pow-wow over which one we should ask for/get.

We've designed the Baby Shower invites. I'm really happy with them, as is Fred. They're a simple, 1/2 page design, with hearts and rattles drawn and painted on it. Nothing fancy, but it's special, none-the-less. WE NOW HAVE A SITE!!! Raistlin, a good friend of ours, has set up a room at the Shilo Inn Beaverton, with catering. So - we're ready to go. We're planning (as I mentioned earlier) for the shower to be on Nov 3rd, which means that we have to have a place set up and done by early September. That way, we can mail everything out by September 15th. RSVP's will need to be back by October 20th.

Something that's sort-of and sort-of not related to the baby stuff - Fred and I need a new bed frame. Ours is dying quickly, and we cannot afford to get another one without help. If you would like to donate to our cause for better sleep with no squeeks or breaking, please drop a line. Our friends Loki and Celeste have promised a custom-built home-made bed frame for $250, which is a little out of our reach at the moment with other bills coming up, but is about the same as a fairly sturdy "cookie-cutter" model we'd find elsewhere. Thankfully, our mattress is still pretty good, so we're ok there.

This will be updated on a *fairly* regular basis, so if you can't find the info, just check over to the left, and the link for Baby Stuff will be there. :-)

~M

No comments: