Friday, June 08, 2007

Worries and Stresses...

There's 14 days left until the wedding... I *technically* have 53 hours total to sew the remaining portion of Fred's kilt, ALL of Josh's kilt, and hem up all 3 of the dresses...

On top of this, I am working, I have OT for 2 more of the days that I could have sewing time in the morning, and somehow, I also am going to "get" to work from Wednesday the 13th through Wednesday the 20th, so I can have the 21st through the 26th off...

I'm getting discombobulated... It's official.

On top of which, I'm worried about money (as usual), I'm worried about the bean (new), and I'm worried about my health (new-er, but not THAT new)...

I have now had 2 "official" days of morning sickness. I think I could completely pass through this entire portion of pregnancy with NO complaints at all from me... I don't care what the "au natural" mothers are prattling about - I don't enjoy barfing. Nor do I enjoy stomach pains... I may want a water birth, but I'm doing it for several reasons other than it being "natural" - it will be more comfortable (according to studies), and the clean-up should be easier (yay for easy clean-up of bloody messes). I am prepared for a c-section, however, as my mother had to have all but her first as a c-, and my sister ended up with both of hers as c-'s.

I need to find someone to be my Doula. It's something that I think I'm going to need toward the end, as I've never done this before, Mom's going to be 500 miles away (that's a different bunch of drama that I'll go into later), and Fred will be... well... I love him, but I don't kid myself that come the day I go into labor, he's going to be fairly useless trying to help, and then trying to keep out of the way. *chuckle*

I'm currently worried also about my mother's reaction over my email to her regarding the above-mentioned drama... See, for those who don't know, Mom (who is 67), gets to spend her week in one portion of WA, with my sister's two children (15 and 3), while my sister goes to work 5 days a week. She cooks, cleans, and generally nanny's both of the kids during that time. Friday, she gets the house ready for her departure, and then travels two and a half hours to her OWN home, where she has rental property she needs to take care of, and spends the weekend up there, trying to pick up the messes that were left behind the last weekend she was there...

The original issues started 3 years ago, when Sister had to move in with Mum due to financial issues. She had the baby, and all three of them lived with Mum for 3 years, paying minimal rent, while she had Mum take care of both kids and she went to work. The "new" situation started in December, when Sister had foot surgery (they had to break and re-pin everything together to fix what was wrong). Just after this, Sister decides she HAS to have a place of her own, and moves across the water 2.5 hours away from Mum. However, she continues to have to have Mum take care of her because she can't put her foot down for long periods of time (due to edema issues), and the 14 year old can't be bothered to help out around the house... SO - Mum packs up her stuff and spends about 85-90% of her time with Sister at the new place, having to neglect her own house and responsibilities because Sister can't find anyone else to spare Mum some time off.

Speed up to now, where Mum is still heading back and forth across the water, and Sister is STILL fighting to have her food fully heal - according to Sister, it's her boss's fault, because her boss is being punative and putting her into positions where she has to spend high amounts of time with her foot down, and can't make it to physical therapy like she should... According to Mum, Sister feels that her boss is totally doing this on purpose, and won't do anything to alleviate the situation. Mum said she most likely won't be able to make it down to the Bachelorette party OR the wedding shower, since Sister will need her help so much, due to the children being unwilling (15 year old) and unable (2 year old) to help out around the house.

My response to her? If you want to take the time off, then you should tell Sister that she needs to get someone to spare you for the time you'd like to have off... You aren't a slave, and there's a neat little invention that happened recently - it's called a Nanny. Have her get one. As far as the work situation goes, if Sister thinks that her boss is doing this on purpose, she has two choices: A. take it to the labor board along with her medical paperwork stating what she needs to do to recover properly, and own his ass AND the company, or B. suck it up and shut up, and quit complaining about how unfair he is.

Honestly, when my father died, her spine was completely taken away from her, and Sister takes full advantage of it. I've told Mum how I feel, but it doesn't seem to get through to her how upsetting it is to me to watch her being taken advantage of so much. She won't confront my sister, and won't change what's going on. I hate it. I hate the fact that I can't count on having my mother there with me for the really big stuff, because Sister can't get someone to help out and give Mum some necessary space. Ugh.

OK - I wasn't meaning to put all of that into a rant here, but I guess I sort of needed it... And now I'm a little better...

~M

No comments: