Sunday, June 03, 2007

And so it continues...

The sewing "death march" continues on. LOL. Poor Fred couldn't calmly deal with the kilts, so we've traded chores. He's cleaning the house in preparation of relatives invading, and I'm going to make the kilts. Frankly, I think I got the better end of the deal, because I've already made one kilt for him in the past - and I hate cleaning bathrooms. *chuckle*

I went to Costco with Lil yesterday, ordered the cake and got a good idea on an easy, inexpensive way to do the meat dish for the reception: pre-smoked whole salmon side for cheaper than fresh (which was what I was going to do and cure it myself)... Go figure.

I'll also pick up fruit as well, and that way have a little more in the way of summer munchies covered.

I'm hoping to have enough to set up for a massage for both me and Mom on the 22nd, the day before the wedding. It would be nice, as I'm starting to feel a little bit of stress on my right shoulder blade and lower back...

I'm not looking forward to this upcoming weekend - it will mean sleeping away from Fred Saturday night in order to get even 4 hours of sleep... I work Saturday night until 11:15, then have to be back to the office as of 7am for a "mandatory meeting". Then Sunday is the brunch at the Marriott, and then I go back to work at 2:45pm for another 8 hours of fun... Hopefully no one will call out on that graveyard shift, either, because I'm also on call Sunday night... Yay me.

While I'm gone, however, I'll have Fred do the rest of the cleaning that's needed, so there will only be little bits of tidying needed the week of the wedding. I figure if we do most of it now, there won't be quite so much to do later. At least, that's my theory. We'll see how it actually works out.

I have decided that the 17th will be my last day working OT for a while. I'm getting sort of burned out, and I don't need that when I'm carrying a baby and getting married. So, I'll look and see what happens after, and how I feel.

I have about 30 patterns I've found that I'm going to want to get, once Fabric Depot has their pattern sale again... LOL. Some of them are maternity clothes, a few are accessories, and the rest of the lot are baby clothes. I gotta say, there are some CUTE outfits that I'm dying to get sewing on...

So, other than that, not much else going on. I'm just hoping to have the sewing done in another week...

~M

No comments: