Saturday, June 02, 2007

Amazing...

Sometimes, I wonder about people. For instance, there was someone with whom I had been friends for 12 years... After a nasty breakup with the Ex-H, and the ensuing friction therein with the SCA household I'd been a part of (and honestly, helped build), I was summarily dumped out of said household - and out of the friendship as well.

Apparently said friendship wasn't as close as I had thought (I know, duh). It was, however firmly hammered in with the comment she made at the event Fred went to, when we found out we were pregnant... "Huh. I thought she never wanted to have children." Now, anyone who actually *knew* me, who paid attention, would have known that, while I started out at a young age not wanting children, as I got older I found that I did want them. I was no longer afraid of the responsibility and looked forward to the ability to pass along my knowledge to...

It's funny how sometimes, even after 12 years, apparently you just can't know a person if you don't want to try...

~M

No comments: