Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Interesting Side Effects...

So far, I haven't had too much trouble with the bean. Granted, I'm only about 3-4 weeks along. My estimated due date is just in time for Fred's birthday in late Jan/early Feb.

Still, there are a few things that I've already noticed. My pants are fitting weird. Not so much as to LOOK weird, just that they feel weird. The thighs are actually getting a little loose, while the waist and hips are tightening just a little bit - not much, like I said - just enough to notice... It's like the water weight gain prior to a period. Not really anything major, just vaguely wrong.

Chocolate seems to not like me much. In fact, I'm not really into much in the way of sweet solids lately. If I want sweet, I want it in liquid form... Much more interested in the salty/spicy snacks.

Speaking of food, I'm not really interested in it. I'm trying to eat breakfast and lunch, but I think I've only consumed about 1300 calories today so far... Granted, no dinner, but it was breakfast, lunch, and snacks... I normally have about 2000 calories, sometimes a bit more.

I am eating, I'm just not that interested. So, I eat until I feel full - normally about a 1/2 cup to a cup of whatever, then put the rest away for later. Sometimes I'll eat more later, sometimes I won't. I'm finding that I'm feeling better if I do the little itty bitty meals - otherwise I feel sick to my stomach.

The downside of all of this is, in order to comply with the doctor's request, I've had to cut out my caffeine consumption. I haven't had any in over 36 hours, which most likely explains the headache I haven't been able to shake for the last 8 hours. I took two excedrin (I know, it has caffeine in it, but hardly enough to worry about), and my head seems to be better.

The only big thing I'm really worried about at this point is the weather vs. my clothing... I don't have much to wear that's summer-y, that will work for "maternity" stuff... The only place that sells maternity wear in my sizes are Lane Bryant (lack of choices there), and JC Penny (nice stuff, need to get money to purchase it).

So - if any of my dear readers are in the local area, and have either light-weight fabric or maternity stuff in a 2x to 3x size, please let me know. I will arrange a time to pick it up and take it off your hands. :-)

~M

2 comments:

Jeanne S said...

The idea that moderate caffeine during pregnancy is bad in any way has been debunked. So unless you're like me, and think of "moderate" caffeine consumption as being only one pot of coffee, you should be just fine.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/3955.html
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/464711

And you most likely won't need maternity things until the very end of summer at the earliest. 99% of your body's changes in the first 4 months have nothing to do with the size of your uterus, and everything to do with the hormonal fluctuations. I know you already watch your sodium intake and drink lots of water, which can really help in reducing the impact of hormones.

Jeanne S said...

Sorry it cut off that link. It's been that kind of day. *sigh*