Monday, May 28, 2007

A thousand words...

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words... That is quite possibly true. I've been feeling rather berift of words, lately. Perhaps it's because of what I found out this weekend.

You see, I began to feel just... well... not quite right. It wasn't anything in specific, but I knew that something was going on.

I figured, on a lark, to take a home pregnancy test, to see what I could see... Knowing full well in my heart that it was most likely in my head, and as soon as I did it, I would see that I wasn't, and everything would be back to normal.

I got up early in the morning Saturday, after Fred had left to the event, and took one...



I wasn't sure what I was seeing, so I had to look at it from a different angle. My brain, such as it was after only a few hours of sleep (and bad sleep, at that) wasn't allowing me to compute what I saw.



Indeed, I did finally have a brain s'plody and it all made sense at that point... I sent picture messages to everyone that I knew of what I had seen, just to make sure that I wasn't reading anything incorrectly.

Of course, reading the information on my work website about pregnancy told me I should take another test a few days later, just to make sure nothing is malfunctioning. So, this morning I took another one.



That one looked about the same as the first, and I again had to look at it from another angle, just to make sure I was actually seeing what I thought I saw.



So, yes. The answer is, we are having a bean in about 8.5 months. I am calling the doc in the morning (as today is a holiday), and finding out all that I need to.

In the meanwhile, I'm taking pre-natals, children's chewable vitamins, and drinking lots of O.J. I don't seem to be sick, per se, but I will say that chocolate, as of last night, does NOT taste good... I hope it comes back. I love my chocolate.

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

I'll make pink booties unless you prefer another color! *grin*