Thursday, May 17, 2007

Alone...

So, this is the first week that I'm technically without my umbilical cord hooked up at work. I am on my own, with a mentor by me, and am doing pretty well with everything so far. Of course, I'm sure, now that I've said this, todays calls will be the most bizarre, odd calls known to the call center. Yay me.

I saw Lil yesterday. She's in her first week of training here, so we aren't working at the same time. Most of us don't work the same time, since there's so few of us, but the call center is open 24/7. I gave her the necklaces that I made for her and Jordan for the wedding. They're in a gold setting, which I know isn't her favorite, but it's going to look fabu with the dresses, so there's that...

In other news... speaking of dresses - I have most of the sewing done on all the dresses now. I need hems done, lacings done, and trim sewn on, and then I'll be completely done. My plan is for everything to be complete by the end of May. Yay me. Though, I'm going to need help with my dress, because pinning things onto the dress while I'm in the dress (specifically on the BACK of the dress) is not my forte. I just can't bend that way.

I still need to shop for shoes, which I'll probably do at the beginning of June. I'm still begging people at work to take my Friday off. I found a taker for Thursday, but not Friday - so, I'm asking the part-timer if it would be cool. He's been muttering that he needs more hours, so perhaps it'll be a bonus for him...

Anyway, it's about that time, so...

Ta!

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

I absolutely LOVE the necklaces! And Anxiety was just blown away & overjoyed when I told her she gets to keep hers!!!

I'm a bit anxious about the schedule thing, because during my interview I specifically requested the wedding day off, and I was told that would be fine. Now that Ella has left, I've been told by the other boss that she will have to check the notes on the interview in order to allow that, and apparently hasn't gotten access to Ella's notes & files yet. Or at least not that I've heard. I'm going to absolutely pitch a fit if this doesn't go well.