Sunday, May 20, 2007

1 month and counting...

One more month and I will be getting the final prep done for the wedding... I am starting to freak out at this point because of financial issues. Things are just not *quite* gelling together as I would like them to.

I still need to get trim, elastic and tape - that will be tomorrow... along with heading to PetSmart, Owajimaya and WinCo for other shopping...

I just ordered my shoes, but I have no idea if the girls have ordered theirs. I am having to get the marriage license as of June 1, since I can't seem to get enough money at this point to pick it up sooner... Fred's finances are still not cleared up at work, so we are still a little short. *sigh*

Work, on the other hand, seems to be going fairly well. We had an upset in the staff earlier in the week. The pocket boss (tm) is gone, so we are really short-handed on the phones still and now our boss is also short-handed. I'm going to do as much OT between now and the wedding as I can, so that I can have extra cash, not to mention helping out on the phones.

I'm getting better with everything there, but it's slow going. It's not a job that you can learn in 6 weeks and then be fully comfortable with. I am going to be learning more and more each day I come in, and I was told by one of the gals who has been here 20 years that she's STILL learning stuff... Things change, so you can't get used to how they "were".

Anyway, time for me to sign on and get to work. Thank heavens tomorrow and Tuesday I have off. Time to recover and do stuff at home I'm supposed to be.

~M

No comments: