Thursday, April 26, 2007

Falling out!

My eyeballs, that is. They feel dry, gritty, and altogether yucky after the last 48 hours. Ugh. even after putting eye drops in them last night and again this morning, I feel like they're about ready to pack up and leave - and I doubt that I'd miss them that much for all the trouble they're giving me.

The photo shoot went well. 3 hours of figuring out lighting, positions, clothing, and fighting with the sun, for probably about 100 pics tops. I'm glad they came, though. I saw the photos and they were really nice. I ended up taking a quick 1.5 hour nap before they arrived, and then putting on make-up (I had enough baggage under my eyes for a trip to Havana for a month!). Changed clothing once during the shoot, and didn't do anything special with my hair at all (which turned out to be fine, as it showed how healthy and shiny it was in the photos - for once).

Afterwards, I did 2 loads of laundry, and lounged the rest of the day as I was still exhausted from being up all night for graveyard. I didn't dare go to sleep for anything more than what I already had, however, since I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep once nightfall came if I did.

I *did* end up getting another hour nap later, though. I blame it soley on the cat... She decided to curl up on my shoulder and purr at me all afternoon - so, I ended up scootching down into the couch and eventually sleeping with my head propped up on her back. I got a pic just before I fell completely asleep...



This morning I had to finally nip Speeboy's bathing habits in the butt. He spends 15 minutes in the shower, and then another half hour in the bathroom, doing gods knows what (and I don't wanna know, believe me). However, this means that, as he's barricaded himself into the bathroom, Shady can't get to her box. She ended up peeing on Fred's clothing this morning when she couldn't get in... So - that necessitated pointing out to him (yet again) that he simply needs to get in, get clean, and get OUT. I don't think he'll do it again this week, but I'm pretty sure that this will change in a few days, once he's not reminded of it again.

Other than that, nothing new in my life. Plenty new in other people's lives. Lil has gotten a job at my office, so in 2 weeks, we'll be back working together. Bwa ha ha ha! Actually, the job is pretty well tailored for people like her and me - it involves a lot of intuitive thinking and following through from point A to point D, utilizing common sense to get through points B and C rather than simply skipping over them. It also helps people without getting majorly technical, which I like.

I am starting on the cutting of my dress. I'm starting with the under-dress first, and then heading from there to the over-dress. I'm sort of nervous, as the pattern only has enlargement instructions for going up and down, not for expanding around, but I think I have a plan on how to deal with it that will not make it look too terrible.

Next paycheck I should be able to pick up the fabric for the kilts (hoping that I find said fabric somewhere in town), and the paycheck after that will be for the trim for the shirts and the dresses. I'm back behind schedule, but it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to bring myself back up to speed, since next week I'll have 2 days off in a row.

I'm thinking of having a get-together on Memorial Day, as I won't be working, but won't be able to be at the event that weekend, either. I have a pasta maker, and I'm not afraid to use it, darn it! So - if you're interested in having fresh, home-made pasta, and have a hankering for bringing your favorite pasta sauce with you, let me know and we'll plan to have it on that day at my apartment - besides, it'll give me an excuse for cleaning the house. LOL.

~M

No comments: