Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pulling together as we go...

Well, I've gotten the patterns I need for the wedding, the vines that I'll need for the dreamcatchers, I've reserved the park for the 23rd of June, and I have the embroidery floss on order for the dreamcatchers. Thankfully, due to the fact that I'll need so much, I got it at 60% off at Fabric Depot. I'll have a few skeins left over, but I have no issues with that - better to be over than under.

I need to meet with Mishu, my "Best Bitch" (I adore that term - so much more fitting for her than a "maid of honor"), for ideas on her dress, and then get started sewing. First things first, however, on the 28th I have to go and copy off all the invites and get painting. SO - there will be a painting party one weekend in February, and a dreamcatcher party probably in March. I'm hoping to get friends over for munchies and to work on them so that I don't have to do everything myself, and so we can hang out... Besides, we can kvetch, which is always fun, and munch on things, which is also always fun.

I ended up being sick from the 2nd of Jan through yesterday. First it was an unknown thing, then they called and said I had a high level of white blood cells, which were most likely an infection of some sort. They call in a script for me, and it makes me sicker than before due to side effects... I've NEVER had *all* the side effects at once, but I don't recommend it, I can tell you that much. Ugh. I finally got released back to work today and am feeling much better.

We're heading out to Courtesan Carnival this weekend, though I'm not sure how that will go. Speedboy has done nothing to really up our confidence regarding his actions both in and out of school, and with how the invites were sent out this year (they sent out invites only to selected people from their list, and no one new got the opportunity to go) Fred and I are reserving our feelings until after the event is over... BUT - if it goes similarly to how it was last year, then we will not be going to another one... FAR too clickish, and there were too many drama issues last year.

There have been other issues going on in our lives of late... Such drama, however, I am not going to post about here - there has been enough of it elsewhere, and to such a degree that I am honestly tired of the entire situation and wish for deafness upon hearing any further remarks about it. Let us simply say that all parties involved really need to drop it at this point and behave, or no fun will be had at all at any of the events - and no one will want to associate with ANY of the parties for fear of the subject coming up and ruining the evening.

All in all, I'm just concentrating on getting my butt into work on time, getting the wedding stuff done, and not going crazy in the process. LOL. At least this time I have people I can ask for help who will actually *be* there for me and won't flake out... Of course, I do need to remember to actually ASK people. LOL.

No comments: