Tuesday, January 30, 2007

More stuff updated...

LOTS of things going on right now... I've managed to get a Wedding Scheduler booklet for both Mishu and myself... Her's is a notebook, as she is my Best Bitch and needs a place to jot down info for her regardless of the date.

Mine is a datebook with the entire year up through Dec set out, and everything pretty much set almost to the minute from tomorrow through June 23rd... LOL.

On the up-shot, when I found it, I also found Happy Bunny stickers, so I put one on the front. It says "It's all about me - deal with it!"

I'm writing down pretty much everything that I need to do, and days that I need to do it by. It has an additional Notes/To Do list every other page, which is nice - allows me to jot down stuff that I need to remember to do that week, or that may or may not be pertinant depending... Also has a place for "priority" items, and a check-list. NICE! I'm organized! At least, in one aspect of my life. LOL.

I learned with the last wedding that one cannot be TOO organized, and I'm figuring out this time around that it's easier with input from my S.O. as well. I cornered Fred last night and got some ideas nailed down about the cake flavors.

I'm figuring that the dream catchers, once shaped, shouldn't take that long - as long as we have a few hands to help out. I have 3 days set aside for creating them - the 11th, 12th and 16th of Feb. Again, if anyone is willing to help me do this, I'd be REALLY thankful...

I'm also attempting to get a fabric search together on either Feb 18th or on the 23rd (when I get paid) so I can pick up the fabric and the pattern for Fred's Jacket. From that point forward, every day that I have off until April is going to be devoted to the dresses that I'm making for Mishu and I - and Fred's Jacket as well.

Sometime in Mid-March, Fred and I will be getting together with Lil to work on vows and a general overview of the ceremony. Fred and I are still working on what we want to do as far as a ceremony is concerned. Fred isn't really all that religious, and I'm not "devout", but have a strong affinity toward a higher power - so it's not going to be something that has major religious overtones. But we both want something that will reflect both how we feel about one another, and our promises toward one another...

Sometime in May, I will want to have the entire wedding group out to look at the site and walk through a preliminary set-up of how the whole thing will be set up.

Then I'll also be getting the marriage license...

Apparently, according to Mishu, I'm also going to be having a Hen party during May... not sure when exactly, but it should be interesting.

The week of June 17th, according to Mishu, I'm to have my bachelorette party - which will give me a week to recover prior to the wedding. Thank heavens.

I'm also ordering the cakes that week from Costco.

We've decided to rent a car/wagon for the wedding weekend. I think it's only practical, since we're going to need to travel around and get places within decent periods of time, and it's not going to work quite so well if we're constantly having people wait on us. The night before the wedding we're going to have a dinner rehersal - which is just a formal way of saying "get-together" with all the pertinant members of the wedding and close family. I'm looking forward to meeting Fred's side of the family - though every time I say that, he looks at me like I'm nuts. LOL.

So, that's about everything that I have currently listed in my schedule, other than the "normal" stuff like SCA events and Speedboy's birthday... I'm hoping that it will make things easier for me to track, as well as give a sort of history that I can look back on and remember when I'm older...

~M

No comments: