Thursday, February 01, 2007

Still?!

I'm still sick. I don't care what the doctors tell me, there's something just not quite right about what's going on. UNFORTUNATELY, since my current insurance is not much better than NO insurance at all (I have to hit $1250 to get them to cover ANYTHING besides just the visit to the dr's office), I'm going to simply have to suck it up and deal.

I'm tired, and feel as though someone kicked me all over. My muscles feel like they haven't gotten enough air so they're cramping, and my shoulder is totally boogered up. Overall, I'm not in horrible shape - especially when compared to Mishu, whose venom sacs- er, I mean tonsils- are acting up again and may yet again need milked for their pus-like substance... Urg.

On the other hand, it's getting kind of silly. If I were a hypochondriac, I'd be worried. As it is, I'm annoyed. I should just be OVER this crap by now.

Symptoms?

headache
backache
muscle cramps/spasms
muscle aches
dizziness
sleepiness
sinus pressure/pain
nausea (mostly from the phlem)
congestion
chest compression

It's been this way for actually 2 months now, off and on, and neither dr I've been to has been able to tell me anything. They've given me antibiotics and steroids, but nothing's really gotten rid of it. I'm assuming that this is just a really bad flu, and I need to take it easy for a while. So, no more OT for me. I'm also taking Melatonin so that I can get a good night's REM sleep, and hopefully that will help as well.

I've finished "The Six Wives of Henry VIII". It's an extremely impressive book, and sheds a lot of light on the women who had been queens. They're all so different, and each ended a different way due to different reasons. And while neither his wives nor Henry are blameless about creating their respective ends, both their actions were at least partially due to political intrigue common in the day. It's a really good read, and gives a much fuller picture of what happened, and why.

Tomorrow I get to go meet with Speedboy's teachers - again... We'll see what happens with that. The meeting is bright and early at 8am. Thrilled, really... Then it's off to the pet store for more food for the brat-cat, and over to pick up the rest of my anti-psycho pills, then back home where apparently we're supposed to have a "snot-in". Mishu, Fred and I are all going to sit on the couch, watch movies, eat comfort food, and generally be sick at one another. LOL.

Tomorrow night we're headed to Salvador Molly's for dinner. YUM. I lurves me some tex-mex/carribean/pirate food!

~M

No comments: