Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Loot!

So, the Christmas was quite enjoyable, filled with a lot of gifts for Josh, and some really *Cool* gifts for both Fred and me...

The day started out with me making crepes - otherwise known in my family as Swedish Pancakes or Roll-Ups. I only made a 1/2 batch of them as we also had 2 different kinds of thick-cut bacon, and there were only us 3. As it was, a 1/2 batch of roll-ups ends up making between 12 and 14 twelve inch crepes... They're big. We also had sweetened cranberry sauce to put into it - Yum... It had been so long since I'd had roll-ups, I've decided I'm going to make them every Sunday from now on. And I don't care if they *DO* make me gain weight - at least I'll be happy. LOL.

After breakfast, we unwrapped prezzies... Josh, of course, got the most. It was a rather astounding pile he had by the end of everything...

1 tabletop game of "League of Pirates" (2 players)
1 DS game "Harvest Farm" (or something like that)
1 wifi for his Nintendo DS
1 mp3 player
1 Sudoku brain teaser game - hand-held
1 set of the first 3 novels of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
1 first novel of Xanth by Peirs Anthony
1 Big Book of Brain Games
1 pair of hand grips
1 set of 8 lb dumb-bells
2 pairs of flannel plaid pj bottoms
1 pair flame pj bottoms
3 t-shirts to go with said pj bottoms
1 black button-down shirt with flames around the bottom
7 Pirates of the Carribean action figures
2 sets of laser tag games
1 aquarium - with 3 plastic plants, a treasure chest, rocks and some pebbles...
1 "Men's" skin conditioning set by Mary Kay from my sister...
1 Gundam Wing model - to assemble


Fred got...

1 grey and white sweater
1 dark blue sweater with grey flames going up the sleeves
1 leather jacket
1 wallet
1 book, "Whispering Nickel Idols" by Glen Cook
1 shaving kit and skin conditioner by Mary Kay from my sister...
1 bike rear tail light

I got:

1 tri-stone sharpener for my kitchen knives
1 book "The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox" by Barry Hugart (YAY!!!)
1 DVD "Sweeney Todd" original musical with Angela Landsbury
1 package of fresh vanilla beans (OMG! I've never seen so much in my life!)
1 box of make-up by Mary Kay from my sister...
1 necklace of fire-treated pearls and silver (made by Raistlin)

I also got Fred and I matching mp3 players, though they haven't arrived yet. There were also 2 books purchased for the house - "What are the 7 Wonders of the World - and 100 other interesting facts" and "Unexplained Mysteries of the World" - both of which were from Discovery Store, and 4 DVD's for the house, too... We also got a new ornament for the tree from my sister. Good Christmas with LOTS of loot!

We decided this year to do a pork loin for dinner. I did a honey dijon glaze with garlic and rosemary. It turned out nummy indeed. I also roasted baby potatoes in olive oil, and sprinkled with chives and fresh sage, sprinkeled with salt, and then baked them until they were golden brown. We had broccoli and pork gravy to finish it all out, and it was tasty numminess for the rest of the evening.

It was the three of us, Mishu and Raistlin for dinner, and there was a relaxing feeling of just enjoying good food and company. Quite the pleasantness, and I thanked the powers that be for everything I had last night in the way of food and friends that were present, and sent out good thoughts toward all those who were not there but wanted to be.

I still have to make a few prezzies for friends, as I'm a total shlub and didn't finish everything on time. *sigh* I'm working on it, but the house and work is sort of overwhelming me. I'm hoping I can (sort of) catch up on Friday when I'm off again. Gotta do some laundry, then head out shopping for food and a copy of XP for the computer. Yay.

Hopefully the rest of my clothes that I purchased will be here soon. I'm waiting for an order from Roaman's and an order from TUK shoes... I want to look absolutely FABU for New Year's. I'd like to go to the party at Mandarin Palace with Fred. We'll see if he has to work on Monday or not.

~M

No comments: