Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holiday Wishes To All...

So, I doubt that I'm going to have time in the next 72 hours to update on what's going on for Christmas. I can say with certainty that I'm very thankful for the next two days off that I get to have, and that I don't have to worry about whether I'm scheduled to go in for Christmas or not - because I'm not - and even if I *were*, the call center is closed for it. Yay us!

I love the holiday season for the excuse it gives me to buy / make people stuff and give it to them, without them feeling confused about why they've received it. *chuckle* I adore gifting people, and seeing their faces when I do. It makes me happy.

While I would love to have the traditional "peace on earth, good will toward others" thing going on, I doubt that will ever happen - at least as long as organized religion and politics lead countries... That and human nature is one that is honestly greedy about certain things, whether it be land, food or even oxygen. It's just one of those things. We can consciously fight against it, but it seems that those in charge end up forgetting about it.

So - no, I'm not wishing for peace on earth and good will toward others. I'm hoping that at least for one day, those who have friends and family in the military who are serving will be able to spend time with their loved ones - even if it's only on the phone - and know that they are ok, alive, and well. I hope that those who have family far away (even if they *aren't* in the military) will be able to spend a little time chatting with one another, and know that their family is ok, alive, and well. And I hope that those who are *with* family this year appreciate the gifts that they bring into their lives each day with their presence - whether positive or not so much - and can say honestly that they're glad to have them around, at least for the one day.

My home will be open to anyone who would like to come by for dinner. It will be on around 6-ish in the evening. We'll be having a very large pork roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, and veggies. I may also be singing some carols, simply because I love the songs and like the way they make me feel, and you're all welcome to join in on those, too.

I hope that, whatever your holiday is like, it is filled with joy and provides you with everything you wish for in the coming year.

~M

No comments: