Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stuff and things...

I've had to re-schedule the Holiday Feast for Dec 10th. My work is not going to allow me the day off. SO, there you go. I heard back from Lil, who currently has 3 on her list of people coming, but is waiting for 4 more people to get back to her (one of them has a totally valid excuse, as it's Angst, and her schedules don't get put up until 2 weeks prior to when the date is - ah, the joys of working non-set shifts)...


I'm hoping that moving it one day won't mess anyone else up. I just can't see making everyone wait until after 8pm for dinner on a Saturday night - especially when I'm going to be cranky for not having the whole day to prep and make sure everything is where it should be.


Lil has offered to bring garlic bread, dessert, and Krab salad (bless her!). I've asked if there's a way to get hauled around on Friday, as I'll need to go shopping for everything and make sure that I have it all. Have to go to Pacific Seafood retail, then over to WinCo. They're in totally opposite directions, and on opposite sides of the river - total pain in the ASS if one tries on the bus, and prohibitively expensive if one decides to take a cab.


So, with the current head count, I have 9 people so far. Looks like I'm gonna be busy - but that's ok. I like busy. I like lots of people in my house, having a good time. I also like the idea that I'll be working on Saturday, which will give the boys a full day to clean up the house fully and vacuum (insert evil laugh here).


I've taken the 7th off as well, so that I can come to work and sell things - Yes, I have to take the day off in order to do this... There's not enough people to man the phones for us to normally participate. They're having an Artisan's Fair, and I can whip out some delicate beaded necklaces and bracelets that can be sold fairly cheaply. Should be fairly easy - I'm going to work on them in the evenings and during my days off so I have enough to sell. Yay me.


Fred is securing our place at Courtesan Carnival on Thursday. I need to find out when it is so I can put in for time off NOW. I know it's in January, but I have no idea the date. And then I need to make sure that I have money for the car rental. Whee!!!


~M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm sorry that you felt badly that Skorch Magazine wasn't able to use you as a model. I'm sure it had nothing to do with your legs at all. We surely appreciate curvacious legs! Infact, we encourage them! :) Please feel free to contact me at carrie@skorchmagazine.com. I'd be glad to give you a good explaination of my decision there. :) I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Carrie Woomer