Thursday, November 16, 2006

Nair does not come in wookie strength... Or size...

If you haven't seen the 825 things Mr. Welch can no longer do during an RPG, then you need to take a few hours and giggle your way through it. And of course, then add things onto the list yourself, like Fred and I are doing. Bwa ha ha ha.


Tomorrow I go shopping for the troupe Duck Dinner, and for Thanksgiving dinner for us. I'll have to make sure that I have *cash* for the cab driver, since last time, on the 3rd, he got snotty with me ("You don't have CASH?!") and didn't turn in my slip until LATE, so now I'm overdrawn... Bleh. I realize that it's partially my fault since I didn't balance my checkbook - but on the other hand, he could have turned it in and had it processed within a week instead of 2.


I'm working on a training manual for my work. I have about had it with the whole inability for anyone to stick with any one thing, and am having difficulty finding where procedures are. They had me sit with people for two weeks listening, handed me a stack-o-crap to go through - none of which really made a lot of sense, and then expected me to just get on the phones. I'm a little OCD when it comes to policy and procedure. It has to be there, and easy to find, and easy to read - or there's a problem. I'm going to work on it until I have most of it done, and then hand it to my boss's boss, K, and have him look it over and see what he thinks of it. I've done this before, at another office, so the only difficulty is making sure that the steps are correct, and getting time to actually WRITE it between phone calls.


Whee!!!


~M

No comments: