Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow, Sickness, and other annoyances...

So, I wake up this morning and what to my wondering eyes does appear, but SNOW! In freakin' November! At practically sea level. GAH!

I got an email from Mum, who said that it's snowed a good 2 inches up in N. Washington, which is surprising. The last time it snowed at all up there, I have pictures, and I was about 10 years younger. As it's at sea level itself, it's rather a surprise to most drivers up there... And apparently down here, too. I saw them either going like a bat outta hell or creeping along, desperate and terrified. Ugh. Makes me glad I was on the bus.

Also, the cold that I had last week, and had kicked last week, came back with a vengeance. My co-workers decided to be nice and SHARE their colds with me all last week. So, since my cubicle is literally five feet by five feet, and is pretty much built like an old library study cubby (The same with everyone else)... And since we're all stuffed into an area that's only twice the size of my living room and kitchen area, if you come in sick, you're bound to give it to someone else. Several someone else's, to be exact. I heard them whining about how they couldn't afford to take the time off work - well, neither can I. And I don't need to feel miserable while at work, either.

Speaking of my mom sending an email, turns out my sister came home from hospital on Friday, after having her food operated on. She was back in on Sunday because her incision started to leak - turns out, that was normal... Then she fell and smacked it, and thought she'd ripped stitches - but there wasn't any breakage or tearing... Mum's been getting her pills every 3 hours on a schedule, and basically being what Mum refers to as the "Princess and the Pea" personage... I don't remember EVER being that much of an invalid, and I had my guts ripped out, fiddled with for 4 hours, half of them permanently removed, and plopped back into me. Oy. I was actually capable of making sure I got my pills on time with an alarm clock... OOOOoooh! The concept. I'm sorry, but while I'm sure it's a bitch and a half to have your foot operated on, there's no reason for her to make Mum wake up every 3 hours in the middle of the night to make sure she's got pills. She has an alarm clock, and can have water set next to her for the evening...

Other than that, I'm just dealing with the daily grind... I will say that I'm extreeeeeeemmmmmly proud of Fred. He's gone now 3 days without a cigarette, and it's looking as though this time will be for good. Yay for Fred! Everyone needs to go to his blog and give him kudos and congrats. He's had a hard time of it trying to quit... Nic fits are bad when you're in a crappy job, and even worse when you're surrounded by sharp impliments and tools, and people who are determined to piss you off constantly. *chuckle*

Currently I just want a nap, and a bath, and another nap... Ugh. I hate being sick.

No comments: