Saturday, October 14, 2006

Petty annoyances...

I have now been awake for over 24 hours, and I'm not happy about it... Insomnia is really not a good thing for people when they have to work. I'm not sure exactly WHY I had it last night, but I did. Could have been due to the excitement of officially learning how to eat fire, could have been hormones... Not sure - whatever it was, I think I got a total of 2 hours sleep last night, and had to be up at 5 this morning to head in to work...


Only to find that once I got here, the outside badge plate wouldn't recognize my badge. Thankfully I arrived early enough that I could sit on hold for the toll free number into my work (because I didn't want to be late - nor did I know who would be scheduled to be here today) so that I could be let in said front door, since there's no security guards here.


Oh, and tomorrow being Sunday, I will be arriving at work one hour LATE, thanks to our beloved transit system, who insists that no one apparently needs my particular bus prior to 7:35 in the morning - and I live about an hour's bus ride away from work (give or take about 15 minutes for traffic). Nice.


Whilst updating the information for our wedding registries (we have LOTS now), I found that KMart SUCKS ASS for what they have available. Yes, I've been registering at KMart - also WalMart - because we have friends who are not financially stable, but who may want to give us affordable gifts. SO - we're attempting to cover everyone's options. In any case - not everything available at KMart is available at their "wedding section". It's making me totally agro - I'd love to get some bath sheets, but we can't put them on our list unless I take time and go INTO the store. Bleh. What good is online shopping if you're not going to allow ordering for everything you have available?


All sorts of petty things annoying me today - MySpace saying people are on when they're not... reps calling me for information on how to do something, then stating after the fact that they don't know the steps on how to do said something prior to getting to the point that they want to be at. argh, argh, argh...


Oh - and I won't be able to spend more than an hour or so at PK tonight because I have to wake up in the morning and go to work. I can't wait for my new schedule to start. Will be MUCH better, with Friday, Sun and Mon off... Yay me. I can deal with working during the days on Saturday, and by next tourney season, I should have enough seniority to request a different schedule with Friday/Sat/Sun off. Yay me again.


Bleh - I really just want to crawl back into bed and sleep for a good 12 hours...


~M

No comments: