Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oh Random! Oh Chance!

Had to put that in today, since it's a great punchline to one of my favorite taglines, and the Luscious Lil sent me OODLES of them today. Yay me!


Today is supposed to be filled with creativeness. I'd like to say that I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not - mostly because I don't have a table to set things on in order to cut the pieces out. I'm working on a winter coat. It's getting to that seasonably cool time of the year wherein, if I have to be outside waiting for the bus at 5:30 am, I need to have something warmer than a hoodie on.


The fabric is stuff that I picked up a few years ago at Pendleton Woolen Mills Outlet. It's a lovely black, white, and bright royal blue random weave, about medium weight. I'm lining it with a powder blue rayon/nylon fabric, machine embroidered into having flowers and vines everywhere on it. Anxiety may remember it, as I gave her some of the same fabric for her birthday two years ago, along with some trim. The torso portion will also have a 3rd inner lining set between the two, of lightweight polar fleece, in order to make sure that I'm actually WARM. It's going to be really pretty - it's also a pain in the ASS, as I'm modifying a cassock pattern to make the damned thing, and there's a lot of pinning, sewing and modification to fit my body type. *sigh* I swear, I need to have my head examined when I decide to do such things.


Before I do that, though, I have to get dressed and head down to the bank to deposit money into Fred's account, then pick him up his November bus pass. And it's raining. Perfect.


~M

No comments: