Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh joy!

So, Speedboy is currently suspended from school for punching another student in the face while they were in line for the bus. Since there's no school either today or tomorrow, this means he'll be home through Monday.


I ranted to his mother yesterday about it while I was at work because I was at my wits end with his actions and attitude. Supposedly the school was to get him started with counselling and special ed classes, but he's not in them, from what I can tell. He's in his normal 8th grade curriculum, with no counselling, no special classes, and no help - which means that he's just as bad off as he was last year. His mom (GothickAngel) and I chatted back and forth for a few hours about it, and she's going to be joining in on the parent-teacher conference tonight via phone (she lives in another state).


She, Fred and I will be kicking some major Boo-Tay about this whole situation, and if they refuse to do anything about it, or worse, promise that it's going to change and it doesn't, she and I are going to be taking this to the State BOE and see what THEY say about it. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the unfulfilled promises, the condescending attitudes, the platitudes, and the overall uninterested-ness of the school to help Speedboy. Fred and I are doing everything we can, and it's not helping - since THEY have him 40 hours a week, THEY should be doing more to assist him, dammit!


GAH!


GothickAngel has offered to pay for counselling outside of school for him, should we end up needing to take him there. I'm thinking this would be a Good Thing, regardless of whether the school starts him in counselling or not. William Temple House does counselling for $5 / session, so I can take him down there on my day off during the week, and have him go through everything. Perhaps even get into a family counselling session or something, if necessary (or possible), so that all 3 of us are on the same page.


So, on to other things at this point - It's too early to get all worked up about this right now, and until this evening at 7:30, there's nothing further I can really DO about it, anyway.


Wedding preparations are proceeding well. I got the design down for the wedding invites, including the insert and the RSVP cards. Now I need to have the RSVP's and the outside of the main invitation copied onto card stock, paint all the base coats, and then have them copied in color en mass. Then I'll go back and highlight them all with white-lining. If you have NO idea what I'm talking about, you can go here and enjoy the basic lessons of illumination... These are some incredible designs that have been created - by hand - and painted - by hand... It's breathtaking.


I also need to head to The Paper Zone (or equivalent) and get some nice paper stock for the invitation insert, as well as the information regarding how to get there, etc... I'm hoping for some vellum-like or really light-weight substance with a light design on it, in a really subtle blue color.


I'm getting beads and charms for the favors. I have an idea - I just need to impliment it. LOL... We'll see how cool it looks once I create one. I'm also getting a tiara for the wedding. I don't just want to feel like a princess, I want to LOOK like one, too. *chuckle*


Other than that, I do need to go to work tomorrow and work on some decorations for the Halloween thing - I won't be there for it (that's my day off) but I would like to help out. Besides, I have to go in tomorrow to pick up my paycheck. Yay. And talk with my boss about what's going to happen with Sundays, since she hasn't gotten back to me on it. Yay.


~M

No comments: