Monday, October 30, 2006

New schedule, and lots of fun this last weekend...

So, today marks the start of my new schedule. I have Monday, Friday and Sunday off now. I have to write it that way to remind myself that our weeks start on Monday and end on Sundays. I do get two days off in a row, which is nice, and I get to have Saturday nights now to do what I wanna do, instead of going to bed early and going back to work on Sundays - late.


Saturday, Fred's new fire troupe, Pyrophelia, made its debut at a party up in Klatskanie, OR. It was at an old friend of mine's house so I got to see him. I hadn't seen him or his family in... well, lessee... Not since the end of the nasty divorce I went through. I'd heard some really mean and nasty things said about him and his new girlfriend - specifically about their treatment of his son (my godson). Turns out, it was pretty much completely rumor and made-up crap by his ex-wife and her friends. My godson is fine, adjusting quite well to his situation, very happy, much more grown-up and well-mannered than he had been, and is very helpful and interested in the world around him. I can only attribute that to a combination of the ADHD medication they have him on and a good, stress-free, stable homelife where he gets the right kind of attention and immediate discipline when he needs it.


It was a great show, and I got to guest with them. I played around with Fred's fire fans, as well as my sword and my palm torches. We got video of the whole shebang, and I have to say that, other than not necessarily liking my outfit currently, I did pretty well. The rest of the troupe did really well for only having 3 weeks to practice, tops, and the audience, being mostly the local townsfolk, were extremely impressed and excited about having fire there in the first place. All and all, a good way to give the troupe its first teething session.


Afterwards we socialized with everyone. My old friend and I caught up a bit, and shared a few good hugs and some laughs. His brother, Donut, and I chatted for a good hour or so about travel outside the US and food. Donut just came back from yet another trip to China, and is headed out to Mexico today for another trip. He's a computer programmer, and makes really good money - so can afford to head out and stay at hostels for a week, wandering through countries and generally learning about the area and its culture. I envy that. I'd love to be able to head out and travel. On the other hand, I'd also be really glad to head home and spend some quality time with family and friends, too.


We made it back home around 3 am, and I was unable to make it to work yesterday from being exhausted and not getting enough sleep. That was ok, as it was a sort of "we realize you may or may not be able to make it here on Sunday - just call us and let us know" type of deal at work. Which was fine. Tomorrow is Halloween, and I will be getting to wear my Sari to work. Yay me! I'm actually quite excited, as I love it and haven't gotten to wear it very often. I'll hopefully get some good piccies of me and post them up.


The wedding stuff is proceeding. Currently my plate is more full of trying to get my coat done so I won't freeze in the mornings or evenings. I really want to get it done by the end of this week, at the latest. It's getting overly foggy and cold in the mornings and I don't enjoy it one bit. One of the downsides of living here in the Pac NW. I love the fall colors, but I hate the cold, and the lack of sunshine. *sigh*


Other than that, there's not much to report. I have been updating on my wedding info page, so if you're curious, please feel free to look and see what's going on there...


~M

No comments: