Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Candy Corporation Support Day!

OK - so I don't like the corporate thing that Halloween has become. I like what it was; I especially love the Dia De Los Muertos that the Hispanics celebrate (there's something about a lot of skeletons dancing around that amuse me greatly). I like what Halloween was when I was growing up: it was homemade costumes, home-made candy, bobbing for apples, and a fun party at the house with all your friends.


Now, there's warnings everywhere, heavens forbid you should even *think* of serving or passing out home-made goodies, and your children will beg you unmercilessly for a store-bought costume appropriate to their style of thinking... *sigh*


I will say that I love dressing up for halloween. I love the holiday for what I remember it as... I'm just not in love with what corporate fearmongers have turned it into...


~M

No comments: