Saturday, September 30, 2006

Time's fun when you're having flies!

So I spoke with my ex-supervisor on Wednesday. He said that I'd be getting paperwork for the remaining days that I wasn't currently getting paid for. Supposedly, I'm going to get short-term disability paperwork from them to send in to the leave people after having my Dr fill it out as well, and then if they approve it, I'll get paid. Meanwhile, I've had to use the $300 that Mum sent me for new clothes for bills instead. *sigh* I haven't seen the paperwork yet. If I don't get it today, I'm calling him on Monday and finding out what the fuq'ue is going on.


On the other hand, my new job at BPH is going really, really well. I've picked up a lot of what they normally say takes a while to get. I was listening Monday and Tuesday, then by Tuesday afternoon I was actually taking calls with my "umbilical cord" attached (it's the splitter line, that allows someone else to be with me, listening in). Wednesday morning I insisted on taking time to review the information that had been given to me in a stack about 2" thick, and started actually putting 2 and 2 together and making sense of what was going on.


I also made a few new acquaintences there already, which is nice. One of the girls who's been training me is incredibly organized (I adore that!) and has been my favorite person to train with. That, and she has a lovely sense of humor. Turns out, she and another co-worker play 2nd ed D&D *BIG GRIN*. So, there's something else that we have in common to chat about.


I'm going to end up doing weekends for now, but when they get more people in, I can switch to a different schedule. As long as they don't expect me to be there at 6am, which is physically impossible for me (I don't have a vehicle, it takes an hour on the bus, and the first bus arrives at my door at 5:48AM - if it's on time), it'll all be good. Also, I get to work 10's again - yay! I actually like working 10's, if only because I get an extra day to get stuff done.


Mum's wanting me to come up for Thanksgiving. If I get the schedule I want, it may be possible, but only if we go up Wednesday evening, and then leave Friday night, since I'd have to work Saturday... But we'll see how the money situation is and everything. I'm hoping, though, that we'll have enough to rent a vehicle for the drive up and back. Sister will be in Hospital for a foot surgery, so neither Fred nor I will have to deal with her for Thanksgiving.


So, that's the update here for now... The photo shoot with Percy went really well. I love the shots we ended up getting. We lightened them just a bit, since they were a little too dark, and as soon as we're done with editing the video footage, we'll send everything in. Yay.


And now, I get to go have a talk with Speedboy about having no more ice in his water, as he can't seem to keep the freezer door closed... It was open all night long, and now everything's defrosted. Yippee... *sigh*


~M

No comments: