Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Panicked... But in other news...

So, I'm totally stressing out now... Splat is trying to only pay me for 16 hours out of the two weeks I was off work... It's supposed to be here on Friday, and they will "generously" cut me another check for 8 hours of excused with pay leave - which leaves 56 hours unaccounted for - which I need in order to cover such silly things as rent and bills. ACH!


I've threatened them with union or BOLI action if they don't pay me - I have NO idea when they're going to get back to me on it, and I have NO idea what I'm going to do in the meantime - but I have $6 left in my account, so that's something, right? *chuckle*


Bleh - so much for a lot of sleep for me this week... I can't believe that Splat is still causing so much stress to me. Urg.


On the other hand, the new job is going swimmingly. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the info they want me to learn immediately (sort of), and since the call center is so small, there's not really an official training class at all. So, I get to sit with people for a week or so and then jump on the phones. On the other hand, it's a lot more laid back than Splat, and while they expect certain things of you, it's not without logic, so that's ok.


And now I have to go pack lunch for myself...


~M

No comments: