Saturday, July 08, 2006

Just another Saturday...

FIRST - a brief notification that indeed I was able to get the remainder of the pics uploaded here for my first time using the fire sword... yay me!






Today was supposed to be a troupe meeting at the house here. There was supposed to be some discussion regarding what was going on communication-wise, and how to fix things. It was to have started at noon.


I was picked up promptly at 11:30 to avoid said meeting by Vlad, who shuttled my ass all over Beaverton and back... We dropped off to the Post Office so I could send the kick-ass pirate shoes back (I need to get them replaced - a sole came off, and it's rather inconvenient that they did so only after the 3rd time I wore them...), then headed off to pick up VaLois at her apartment. We went to sushi at Sambi's, and took the leftovers home to be dropped off quickly to Fred... And then headed over to Washington Square where we walked the mall.


I picked up a new set of zills, which I needed, and had some Italian Ice, which I hadn't needed, but sounded good. It was when we dropped off the leftovers we found out that no one had showed yet, though one person said he was on his way (and he's coming from the other side of the moon, via bus). Everyone else was either not answering, or claimed to not have any knowledge of the meeting at all... I thought that was rather interesting, considering that there were two people who sat in our front room a week ago who said they would make sure EVERYONE knew about the meeting...


So - I continued to avoid the apartment and we headed off to WinCo to do food shopping. It was hot, and I was cranky by that time, as I had to be around a bunch of people now twice in one day, and I don't like being around large crowds for long periods of time... Thankfully, I had Vlad and VaLois with me, which calmed me down somewhat, if only because of their antics while we were shopping. I managed to keep the cost of food to $100, and we got out of there pretty much at 4 - which was the point when I was supposed to be back for belly-dancing practice with Michelle and Taz.


I texted Fred to find out if anyone else had shown up, and if Michelle and Taz were there... No one else had shown up, but the two were there, so we high-tailed it back and I hurriedly unpacked groceries, took a few photos of Vlad in the garb I made for him (I wanted it for my album and am sending him copies for his myspace stuff), and then the one person from the troupe showed up... So, us three girls trouped out to a shady spot outside on the grass and did some basic belly dance moves for about 45 mins, then dove into the pool to cool off.


My arms feel like jello at the moment, and I'm happily stuffed full of chicken and rice, which I made to feed us three - the two boys, Matt and Fred, headed off to fire practice on the bus. Fred is unpleased with his troupe at the moment - and that's putting it mildly. Frankly I don't blame him. I don't pretend not to notice that he has a temper just before and during showtime. I don't pretend not to notice that he has flaws. At the same time, however, I do know that he is capable of learning from his mistakes if they're pointed out to him, and he apologizes for them when his actions hurt people. He's not perfect - but at least he tries... and he's been trying to get the troupe to communicate better with one another for a year with little to no success...


I have no idea what's going to happen now, and frankly all I can think from what happened today is that apparently those who have the most to complain about were the ones who didn't show - which tells me that they'd already made up their minds to shut down communication lines weeks, if not MONTHS ago; and that's sad. For them to throw away 3 years worth of work because they want to cut their nose off to spite their face. Honestly... That's truly a sad thing.


~M

1 comment:

Merripan said...

Miss you as well, lady... I have so much crap to do this month, it's not even funny - but hopefully SOON - soon I will have some time and I'll come out and visit you. Maybe with Vladie. LOL. ~M