Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Issues with Blogger... And hoping for a quiet 4th...

I'm STILL having issues with Blogger... I managed to get ONE photo from Saturday night up here in the last post - after fighting with the darned thing for 2 days... And reporting the issue - with no resolution being emailed to me... *sigh* Perhaps if I complain enough on my own blog as well as email them over and over, they'll actually respond to me with something other than a cookie-cutter email.


It took one photo, and now it's not uploading photos again. Nice. So, perhaps in another two days I'll have another photo up from Saturday night showing how nifty it was having a flaming sword on my head. LOL...


Today has so far been quiet, but then it's only 8 am. Most of the morons, I'm sure, will have a late morning in order to enjoy the most of the evening trying to set themselves and the rest of the neighborhood on fire. Fred and I will be doing something similar, but with less noise and danger (at least, technically speaking, since we both know how to deal with fire), as we'll be finding a spot on the street behind our apartment complex and doing some play-work with the props.


Shady spent the entire night pinning me down - literally. She's apparently gotten into her head that in order to be safe now, she has to be touching either Fred or I - and the way that makes her happiest is to be on top of us. *sigh* Makes it interesting should we decide we want to get busy. *chortle* Last night I got cold and ended up putting covers over her - twice. She tolerated it each time, and only moved long enough to drag herself out from underneath them when she decided it had been enough, and promptly settled herself back atop her perch on my stomach. It's a good thing we both love her.


Saturday's belly dance practice is going to be postponed, as Fred has to deal with troup drama. It was decided that noon would be the best time, and I totally spaced that it was the same time as my practice. So, I'm going to be whisked away by Vlad around 11:45 to hang out with him and get some grocery shopping done until the all-clear is sounded, and then go home and find out if there's anything left of the front room, or if we have to re-build the apartment complex after the meeting.


Speaking of belly dance practice, I'm hoping that we'll be able to do it later on in the afternoon, as Sunday I have a photo shoot with Mana out at Saughie Island (don't ask me to spell it - it's there, ok?), and NEXT Saturday I have been roped into helping Iris at the volunteer booth at the Highland Games.


Pirate Karaoke will be held again as of July 15th, again at the Mandarin Palace. We're going to ask the owner to open the banquet room so there'll be extra space for everyone. Hopefully he won't ask for too much extra in money (if any) to open it up. We'll see. Fred's going to see about talking with him either Saturday or Sunday this week.


Ah - and it's 8:30, and the first of the fire engines has just been launched. Yay. Gotta love the 4th.


~M

No comments: