Monday, June 19, 2006

Evil, Nasty, BAD allergies!

Not to mention Benedryl. Never taking that crap again. OMG! I just woke up, after sleeping through all 3 of my alarms. I'm heading out the door soon to make it in to work, so that I can have at least SOME money in today. Argh, argh, argh.

This weekend was... Interesting. I've come to the conclusion that Phoenix, the woman who hosts these little soirees, is filled with more drama than the Royal Shakesperean Acting Guild - from 1925 through today!! For instance, she had been informed that Misha, a friend of ours, was going to be arriving and spending the party with us. We'd told her this at least a month ago. She then proceeds to announce to Misha and myself that she has to apologize for being so out of sorts, since there were two new people in her midst and she didn't have time to prepare for it, so it had thrown her completely out of whack. Bless Misha, for her response was "Well, I'm grounded..." LOL.

The Solstice ceremony was held around 5-ish in the afternoon, and was what Fred aptly stated the Wiccan equivalent of Duct Tape. I shudder. I also giggled throughout the entire ceremony. They couldn't call the corners without laughing and/or simply not finishing whatever they'd been trying to state in the first place, and when Phoenix came around with a Nepalese prayer bowl and "bonged" the side of it to make it ring at each of the four corners, I couldn't help but have the image of Monty Python's priests wandering through: Eae jesu Dominae. *whack* Donna Eis Requiem *whack*

The party afterwards was ok. The children were remarkably well-behaved, actually. There was a notebook with all the ceremony stuff inside, which included rules of the party... I had to be amused when Fred pointed out that rule number 3 was "Do NOT discipline children who are not your own". That came about from the last debacle, wherein a woman had simply decided to ignore her children and let them run wild with no regard for anyone else. I'm sorry, but Fred and I don't allow Speedboy that luxury for a reason - we respect other people's rights for having a good time.

The coolest part of the party was when Speedboy and I both learned how to breathe fire. It was totally awesome! We got video of Speedboy and I, and we'll be sending his portion down to his mom so she can see. He said that Saturday night was the best day ever! I have to agree with him.

We managed to get back home by 5pm on Sunday, no thanks to Phoenix, but tons of thanks to Karma and a new friend, Zeke. Phoenix was going to try and hold off until late, late, late - like that was going to make the gas prices any better. Since Karma and Zeke had to come home anyway, we packed the gear in Zeke's car and rode with Karma. I got to get a shower, which cleared out some of the allergies, but not all, and we also managed to get to bed at a decent hour.

Oh - I did find out why I was denied by Key Bank for a consolidation loan... You'll laugh. I don't make enough money to pay back the loan. Which was the reason for trying for a consolidation loan in the first place, since I couldn't pay the loan. Even more mirth - just now, my phone rang, it was the bankruptcy lawyer I'd spoken with last week - who hadn't remembered that we'd spoken. I told him that we already had and he'd said that it wouldn't be worth it. He said "Are you sure it was me?" Yeah, chump - unless you know another David who works there... Oh, he said, and hung up. Sad... Just sad.

~M

1 comment:

Merripan said...

We had no clue whose brats they were in the first place when they started harrassing Speedboy while he was trying to change in his tent - so, we took things into our own hands. Honestly, we didn't care at that point. Throughout the entire day, everyone had been taking turns telling the kids what to do and no one had had an issue with it - only when the one parent finally took an issue with her children being singled out for blatently annoying ours was it a "horrible" thing. Had she been around, or interested, in what was going on with her kids in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. But - life goes on.

~M