Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bu-Bye to bad rubbish...

Drama has it's places - namely on the stage. Over the past year, I've taken a page from Lil's life and tried to cut out a lot of the drama in my life, and the people causing said drama...


For instance - there's this crush I had last year at Splat, Inc. She was a pretty, chubby girl, rather shy... She sat across from me for a while and we began to talk with one another. One thing led to another and we started hanging out more. I never did anything with her, but that didn't stop me from occasionally day-dreaming... I have no clue whether she felt the same way or not. I do know, however, that she couldn't *stand* Fred. She didn't just not like him - I mean, she out-and-out hated his guts...


The issue was due to things that didn't involve her at all, but that she chose to make her business and care about. Had she simply accepted him as himself, or let things go, it wouldn't have been such a big deal - but she made it a big deal. So, we fell out of touch, and then back into touch for a bit - and then back out of touch again when it became clear that I was going to stay with Fred.


I texted her yesterday and let her know about Pirate Karaoke, and asked if she was going to go. Her first question was whether or not Fred was going to be there. Now, dear readers, there's going to be at least 30 people at the bar, and it's not as though she would have to be latched onto anyone, or be near him in any way should she choose not to. Her excuse was that if she drank, she would get mouthy and say things that would upset people - and since she hated, hated, hated him, she didn't want to upset me.


I asked her specifically WHY she hated him, and what he'd done to her, at which point she admitted that he'd done abso-fucking-lutely nothing to her, she simply didn't like that he was braggy, and that he'd done some things in the past toward another person that she felt was wrong (Pot, yeah, this is kettle - ummmm, you're black!).


So, he decided to confront her directly - or about as directly as he could. He sent her an email asking exactly WHY she hated him, and asked for a direct answer to his questions. He asked if it was due to something that he wasn't aware of that he'd done to her, or if it was due to her simply having such sucky luck in relationships that she didn't want me to be happy - and was jealous since I *was* happy...


Her response was in her diary - she never did send him a response directly. She called him a monkey, and never did answer the question - only said that it was amusing that he ask the question since so many of her friends were male. I don't find it at all ironic that most of her friends are male, and I already know quite enough about her love life and her past lovers (and the ones that she's not supposed to have had) to know that they have ALL ended BADLY - and many of them had been married. She's still in a relationship - sort of - that she can't extract herself out of because she's either too scared or too emotionally tired to simply tell the guy to get the fuck out of her house.

So, yeah - her final text message to me was after apparently she received Fred's email. She said that she was sorry for upsetting me, and good-bye. So, I guess that's less drama in my life. It's too bad, since she was cute...

~M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one person was married (not many). I crush on married people don't touch them.

not all of my relationships end badly. I just post about the bad stuff. Most people i am still on friends basis with actually. You really don't know me.

His email stated i owed him an explanation, as childish as it sounds, no.

I have stated many times i do not hate him. I do not like his character. The things he chooses to do, say, and his reactions and actions.

You invite me to a place where the only people i know is you and him (regardless of how many other people will be there), who do you honestly expect me to spend time with? I have been in a setting where it is you and him and people i don't know, i know that he is your shadow hence i know its an enviroment i don't want to be in.

Just cause a person hasn't committed actions against me, doesn't mean i am not allowed to dislike his actions against others and distance myself from him. Hell i can't stand the person he treated like shit but it doesn't mean he still didn't treat a person horribly.

I have never lied to a person, i have not given them information, but never blatantly lied. no pot and kettle here...

An observation, you create the drama. I am fine with spending time with you but not him. You are not one person, he is not your other half, nor a personality in your mind. This shouldn't have to be a deal. Unless you can get over this i guess this will be the last time i try and contact you.

Merripan said...

Dannel -

You say you've stated many times you don't hate him... Then why is it I have a text message from you that specifically says that you "hate, hate, hate" him?

I invite you to a PUBLIC FORUM wherein the two of us can hang out - never mind that prior to this it's been MONTHS since you've reached out to me to even say hello, though I've reached out to you... And then the first words that I get from you aren't "hey, how's it going", or "It's nice to hear from you". No - it's "Is HE going to be there?" (insert bitchy tone here). And just how do you think I'm going to react.

I never said that you're "not allowed" not to like someone's actions. I've never asked ANYONE to like my significant others or their actions - only to respect that they ARE my significant others. You can't.

Regarding never lying to a person - not giving them information is lying by ommition - so yeah, there is a pot and kettle situation there.

As for me creating the drama? Well, that's your perception. I've reached out to you several times and invited you to hang out with just me, and been blown off - and I've invited you to hang out with me in a public setting, and been treated like I'm less than shit because of who I'm dating. I don't know what it is that you want, but apparently whatever it is, it doesn't include having me hanging around you as a friend.