Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Pissing me off!!

Please - if you have my cell phone #, do NOT send me forwards of "pray for this person", "send this text msg to 100 people and so-and-so will donate $", or anything else similar to it. I hate them, and they aren't true.


If you're stupid enough to think that it is, that's great, but don't include me in it. All you'll do is piss me off and force me to send back a caustic response asking you to knock it off or remove me from your phone list.


Please! If you read something like that and it sounds too good to be true, check it on Snopes before you forward it along. It's stupid to waste everyone's time with something that isn't true.


Disney isn't going to give away free tickets, you aren't going to get a free lunch from Applebee's, and the phone company isn't going to give even a half-penny to any charity just because you forward on an email or a text message. It's just not going to happen. Why? Because major corporations have better things to do than try and track text messages and emails every which way.


Give it up and quit bugging me.

~M

No comments: