Monday, August 11, 2008

General updating for life...

So, this weekend was the fabric sale at Fabric Depot. I love that place - probably too much, considering we spent way too much money there. I will have to ask Fred for help for this weekend to cover gate and the car rental - thankfully it won't be more than $30, but I do hate to ask for help when it's my own fault for over-spending... Couldn't resist the trim, though I tried... *sigh* I am a sucker for a pretty trim. I introduced Susan, a co-worker, to the joys of Fabric Depot, and promised that at some point during the winter months, I would teach her how to sew and read a pattern.

Boo went with us, and was relatively good for such a long and stimulating outing (about 3 hours, and full of bright colors, new things, and lots of people. She was gnawing on my hand Saturday afternoon, and swapped from her right side to her left, and I was suddenly attacked by a very sharp pain. Checking in her little gummy mouth, I found one little tooth had busted through her gum and was now peeking out at me. Needless to say, she's not going to be chewing on mommy anymore.

Our interviews for a new Mary Poppins is going fairly well. We're leaning toward one in specific, but will continue to interview until the 14th, just to make sure that we have given everyone interested ample time to apply. I'm determined to have it all done prior to this upcoming weekend, so we can go to the event without the worry of having to find someone quickly. This gives a pretty good time frame for most people to set up and get ready for a new position. The good news is that we've had 4 or 5 people very interested in the job, even at the rate we've advertised it at - which is really nice.

Life at the call center is... well... filled with drama. I have, for the most part, tried to simply keep my head down and out of the way to avoid it, while trying to find another position within the company. The level of childish drama has lowered from high school when I first arrived (which is typical of most call centers, and fairly easy to deal with), to almost kindergarten level now. The worst part is that it's the supervisor who seems to egg on a lot of it - which is just sad. There shouldn't be that type of drama at any workside, and certainly not to the levels that it has deteriorated to. The manager has simply stepped out of the loop entirely, and has turned a blind eye to it - apparently she figures that there are growing pains involved, and she needs to let us get over it all. It's been over 6 months, however, and it's no longer growing pains - it's the pain of an incompetent supervisor, egging on her 4 favorite employees to attack anyone she doesn't like, and tattle on anyone who says anything against her...

On a positive note, the position that I've been attempting to get into for several months has finally opened back up, so I've applied for it - I was basically told by one of the gals at that clinic that if I applied this time around, I would pretty much have the job, so I'm so applying for it. The hours are about the same that I'm working now, and it's a better pay that I'm getting, which is nice all the way round.

All in all, life isn't horrible, and things are moving along. I really need to get going on the clothing that I'm working on for Amie - I've been horribly lax on it and should be kicking into it with a vengeance after Boo goes to bed. I should be able to get through at least one every other day (estimating based on some of the more difficult ones to do - the pants are easy-peasy). There's one piece that I'll have to take almost completely apart. I need to definitely put together another pair of pants for her, and get one of the dresses put together and ready for her - she wants to wear it at a specific function... I think I should be able to get both of those done by the end of this week.

~M

No comments: