Monday, March 10, 2008

Patterns may be emerging...

I hate daylight saving time. I always end up feeling as though someone slipped me something drastic to sleep, and I'll never catch up again. This is the only time I envy those living in Arizona.

In other news - we may actually have a pattern settling in with Elizabeth. I'm very cautiously optimistic about it, but it's looking as though she is going to cooperate regarding going to sleep by 10pm, and letting me stay asleep for about 2-3 hours at a time. We've only had issues when people have come over and stayed past around 7-8pm, because she's convinced she has to be awake for all of it, too. And/or, that if she was asleep during that time, she has to make up for it later by being awake and fussy.

Today I am going to attempt to do a load of dishes, and finish organizing and baby-proofing under the sinks. Can't do much else, since I can't really haul her around while doing laundry (the room is at the other end of the building), and can't leave her here while I head over to do said laundry. I was going to do that yesterday, but ended up sitting around instead. I don't *NEED* to do laundry, but the smaller loads are easier to handle.

The sink in the kitchen and large bathroom are already done. I got the baby cabinet locks, but wanted something in addition, just in case. So, got some tall storage boxes with lids to put the cleaners and things in, both to tidy up everything and have one more obstacle to place in Elizabeth's way, in case she decides she needs to get into the cupboards and manages to do so. I'm also re-organizing the bathroom shelves, and putting things away there. I already re-organized her clothes drawers, and got rid of the stuff that she's already grown out of. She's now over 10 lbs, and has grown at least 1.5 inches! I had to adjust her car seat already!

Anyway, other than that, not much to report. Going to get something to eat, then get Elizabeth changed and fed, then hopefully start on some dishes...

~M

2 comments:

Jeanne S said...

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you don't need to baby-proof anything until she's crawling. And that won't be for another 6 or 8 months. (The first several months are my favorite time, because they stay where you put them!!!)

Sorry I have not been out to visit or help more -- I have been struck down with the mega-ick, and you wouldn't want my germy self around you or the baby anyway. *hugs*

Merripan said...

I know, it sounds silly - but we had the funds to do it now, and I really wanted to organize everything while I knew I had the time and energy to do it... The last thing I want is to be my normal, procrastinating self, and end up having to do all of this at the last minute. Besides, having organized anything is always a good thing. :-)