Friday, March 14, 2008

general meanderings...

So, Elizabeth is still having colic - big surprise, there. It's possible she has what is called generally as "sluggish colon", which would explain the gas, fussiness, and her general attitude toward being held (wanna, wanna, wanna be comforted all the time, mama! Make it feel better!!).

I've gotten something called "Colic Calm", which is supposed to help all of these things. I ordered it for a few reasons, not the least of which is the alternate suggestions on the site on how to deal with intestinal gas issues without taking their product. I like that. No touting that this is the "only" thing that will work for the baby, etc. So, yeah, it's a little expensive, but also has a money-back guarantee, so there's that, too.

She was so tired last night she slept for 5 hours, waking up finally at around 2:45 for a feeding. I was awake, vaguely, at midnight to turn the swing back on, but she was sleeping soundly and didn't start fussing until 2:40. She was a sloppy noodle girl at that point, not wanting to wake up, but wanting to be changed and fed. So, changed her, then fed her. She fell asleep after one boob and giving a great triple burp, then woke up about an hour later for the other one.

We woke up around an hour ago, and changed and fed again, this time refusing to burp at all... She fell asleep for about 30 minutes, and is now being held by Daddy as he plays Command and Conquer. She dozes in his arms most times, and stares at him as he explains what he's doing. She likes how deep his voice is. It's cute.

Today I have an interview at 1pm up at the hospital. I'm really hoping that, now new people have been hired, my boss will allow me to leave. I have a horrible feeling that there has been negative feedback from her to potential new supers to try and keep me at the call center. In talking with others, I've found she did this before, too... And, I found out that one of the better employees got canned yesterday. I have no idea why. They claim it was because of poor performance. The gal didn't have NEARLY the poor performance of at least two people I can think of off the top of my head. But, that's why I'm not in charge and the dork is... *sigh*

Next Tuesday I have a dr's appointment for my 6-week postpartum check up and an IUD insertion... I was smart and kept one oxycodone aside for said insertion, as it can cause some major cramps. Wednesday I go back to work, which I'm not pleased about, but there you have it. While she drives me nuts, I've actually enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom for the last 6 weeks. The house hasn't gotten too bad, I've managed to keep my sanity (mostly), and I actually feel pretty good most days, as long as I can get out and go walking with Elizabeth three times a week. Unfortunately, I don't get paid to be a stay-at-home mom, so I have to head back.

Our tax refund from the Feds showed up, so now it's time to pay the state. Yippee. I'll cut the check to them this weekend. It was less than we had hoped it would be, but enough for us to have a very little left after paying the state.

There's a list of things which needs to get done this weekend, so it should be pretty busy for both Fred and I. Hopefully Elizabeth will cooperate and allow us to get most of it done.

Last but not least, we are taking the cat back to the Humane Society. Unfortunately, she is simply so jealous of both Fred and the baby that she is urinating and defecating on everything in her path outside her box - regardless of whether said box is clean or dirty. We cannot seem to break her of this, and I cannot have her doing this. She's peed on Elizabeth's play mat, my Afghanistan rug, Fred's clothing, poo'd on the couch, and both peed and poo'd in front of the sliding glass door repeatedly. So, that's it. We knew it was a 50/50 shot as to whether she'd be a good fit (no prior history other than she was abandoned by her previous owners), and at the HS, she seemed to really like Fred. But, she's just gotten more and more skittish and reclusive since she moved in with us, and has taken to occasionally attacking Fred. Hasn't attacked the baby - yet - and I'm not going to let her get the chance. Even the feline pheremone hasn't helped any. I believe her best bet is to find an older, single woman who lives by herself with no other pets, who either works part time or is retired.

Anyway, that's pretty much all there is to report at this point.

~M

No comments: