Friday, March 28, 2008

It's been a week...

The work scene has been pretty steadily filled with the flotsom that comes through my phone on a regular basis: namely people who don't know why they've made an appointment, don't know who they made the appointment with, and can't remember the date and/or the time of said appointment - and they want me to find all of this out for them. It's sad, honestly, to know that there are that many wasted pieces of carbon out there.

Had another face-to-face interview on Wednesday. I think it went pretty well, but I didn't get a vibe either one way or another about whether I'd get the job. We'll see. If I do, I'm jumping on it. It's totally different from what I'm doing, and something that I know I'd be good at, given the chance. If I don't get it, well... I've applied for the lead position. I know, I'm nuts - BUT, it would mean less child care, a little more money, and a little less time on the phones, which would be nice. I might actually make a small smidgeon of a difference...

Elizabeth continues to go through short growth spurts. She hits one about every other week at this point, and has grown a good 1.5", and about 7-10 oz, making her well over 10 lbs at this point. She has a dr's appointment on the 7th for her 2 month check-up, so we'll get "official" stats at that point. She had her first bath in the bathtub last night, instead of in her little tub-lette. I decided I needed to take a bath, and by the time I realized it was fairly late, the water was a perfect temperature. So, had Fred bring her in, undress her, and plop her into the water with me. She wasn't sure what to think of it - she couldn't touch the sides, and couldn't figure out how her little tub-lette had gotten so large, and how I'd managed to get into it with her. *chuckle* She liked the water, though, and liked the fact that I was there, in the water, the whole time with her, holding her. I think she's going to do just fine in pools.

As for myself, I've been getting headaches pretty much every day this week. I don't know what it is that I'm either doing, or not doing, but I get them on the right side of my head, right behind my eyeball. I'm thinking it's my glasses. I've needed a new pair for a good 2 years, so I'm going to call Monday and see about making an appointment to get my eyes checked and get new glasses. My plan is eventually to get lasik surgery, since I get a discount for working at the hospital. I have to say, some of the perks are great.

Fred got his driver's permit today. Raistlin is going to take him out driving either this weekend or next... I'm actually rather excited about the prospect of Fred driving. It'll be nice to occasionally have him take the wheel, once he gets confident enough to drive with others in the car. I'm not expecting it take very long for him to get to that point.

Fred took Jazzy back to the Humane Society today, as I had to work. They offered us a credit toward another animal if we choose one within the next 90 days. I said we'd see, and perhaps later next month we will go back and take a look. They said if Jazzy is adopted again and is returned for the same issues again, they may deem her un-adoptable, which would mean they put her down. I can only hope that the letter I wrote about her, and what I feel would be a good fit for her, will help her find a good place to be. She has so much love to give, and if I was alone, I'd be a good match for her, I have no doubt.

Other than that, not much is going on... I'm exhausted, so I think I'm going to head to bed.

~M

No comments: