Monday, March 31, 2008

Hellish week already...

And it's not even the end of the first day yet...

First off, we had to track down the babysitter again yesterday to make sure she was going to be there today... And found out that she was sick and couldn't make it - again. Tried to get in touch with Angst, my god-daughter, who helped us out last week, and found out she was sick, too.

Thankfully, found out that the babysitter's mom was willing to take the Lizard for the day, which was helpful. Thankfully she picked her up by 8:15, and got me to a closer bus stop so I could make it to work on time.

Get to work, and every psycho in the local city area decides to get on my phone and call me, and I find out that the position that I've applied for here in the call center is not going to be filled anytime soon - apparently they have the idea that they can fill it with others for a while...

I decide to open my yahoo mail, and find out that the babysitter had emailed me yesterday at 4pm, and let me know that she had gotten an email from her vocational rehab counselor and was told she needed to sign up with a temp agency as soon as she was well, and that basically I'd better find someone else because she wouldn't be able to do it anymore.

I haven't heard back from Angst yet, but am not hopeful that she will be able and/or willing to help us. I also don't know what else to do at this point besides completely panic and fall down in a heap of tears. I have a possible option, but it's most likely a short-term fix, if it goes through at all.

On top of that, DHS is not going to be assisting us at all - we gross too much money. Which reminds me, I need to have Fred head to the courthouse and fill out paperwork to reduce his child support payment so that hopefully we can afford someone...

I think I've reached the end of my rope with stress, though...

~M

No comments: